Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright any help you guys can give would be great. I have a 90 non tubo with an auto tranny. The guy who had it before me put in 2 trannys and I put in one after him and we still have problems. Put in the new tranny and it seemed really soft in 1st gear, like I had to give it too much gas to get her movin.....all gears after first seem fine. Checked the codes and there was a code on number 1 solenoid. Dropped the pan and checked the solenoid with voltage and it clicked over fine....changed the filter and put the pan back up. Same problem except no code now.

I was thinking that there has been at least 3 changes so its got to be something thats not internal.....could it be the computer? maybe the wiring? if the wiring how can i test that? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Christa

·
Registered
367 Posts
You won't believe this, but the throttle position sensor is part of the tranny feedback loop...readjust it, check it out, replace it...also make sure the transmission computer is for the same model year as the transmission...the water temperature sensor is also part of the loop...there is also a speed sensor in the instrument cluster...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new transmission is a JDM (changed the tail) and has as far as I know the stock computer so could that be it? I will check the tps. When you say water temp sensor do you mean the one that goes to the gauge? or another?

·
Registered
596 Posts
if the temp sensor was out wouldnt there be codes? but do check the resistance/adjustment of the tps. if the tps was out you would get codes as well.

·
Registered
335 Posts
sound like your torque converter might be the culprit.
i may be wrong, did you happen to reuse the TC from the tranny you replaced or did it come with one (the tranny you put in, did the tranny come with its own TC?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts