Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey i'm looking at a few possibilities, i would like somthing with rather quick spool up and would push me around 400 - 500 at the wheels (the rest of my setup is capable).
- Garrett T04, the turbine A/R is .58 and the Compresor A/R is .60.
- Turbonetics T04B - the Compressor housing A/R is 60 H trim (60mm) and the exhaust housing a/r is 63 stage 3
- Garrett T34T4 SC-6152S The compressor housing is a T04S .70A/R and the exhaust housing is THF3-52 T3 .63 A/R

I dont really understand most of those measurements and/or what is good for an mk3.

Also what kinda of fuel management am i gonna need for a larger turbo? i have an f-con with 550 chip, lexus afm, walbro, 550 injectors, anf evc iv.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey i'm looking at a few possibilities, i would like somthing with rather quick spool up and would push me around 400 - 500 at the wheels (the rest of my setup is capable).
- Turbonetics T04B - the Compressor housing A/R is 60 H trim (60mm) and the exhaust housing a/r is 63 stage 3
- Garrett T34T4 SC-6152S The compressor housing is a T04S .70A/R and the exhaust housing is THF3-52 T3 .63 A/R

I dont really understand most of those measurements and/or what is good for an mk3.

i vote the turbonetics T04B.....none of those are really fast spooling turbos but will get the hp you are looking for

·
Registered
27 Posts
The hybrid T3/T4 would be the fastest spooling, and could make the power as well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, i just bought an upgraded ct-26 with Garrett T4 P trim/ 60-1 internals. I got it for $500 through a garrett rep at my fathers work :) hopefully this should put some power to the ground.

But thanks for all your help guys, i'm all over the place trying to get th car done as fast as possible!

·
Registered
524 Posts

Also what kinda of fuel management am i gonna need for a larger turbo? i have an f-con with 550 chip, lexus afm, walbro, 550 injectors, anf evc iv.
I'm in the same situation as you Ryan, having to make a decision for my 7M, however I was quick spool up and 400 is allot for me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i dont think you can put down 500whp with a 60-1 ct26... i could be wrong though.
i think if you clip it you could get pretty close

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
per Wiki

Another common method of equalizing turbo lag is to have the turbine wheel "clipped", or to reduce the surface area of the turbine wheel's rotating blades. By clipping a minute portion off the tip of each blade of the turbine wheel, less restriction is imposed upon the escaping exhaust gases. This imparts less impedance onto the flow of exhaust gases at low RPM, allowing the vehicle to retain more of its low-end torque, but also pushes the effective boost RPM to a slightly higher level. The amount a turbine wheel is and can be clipped is highly application-specific. Turbine clipping is measured and specified in degrees.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I wouldn't clip it, clipping has been found to cause lag, lack of efficency, and possibly even worse backpressure...

YMMV but it's the area under the curve that counts...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts