Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share that I got my new turbo in, since the old one was blowing out oil in a bad way. I got the CT26 rebuild from Maxx Autoworks with the 60-1 compressor wheel. All I can say is holy crap! It definitely spools just as fast as the old one did, and it gives a much smoother power curve toward the top end. I'm really liking it so far, and I highly recommend this upgrade to anyone looking for bigger turbo power with stock spooling characteristics.

I'm still running stock boost until I get other issues with my car resolved. I plan to step it up to 12psi soon, and possibly higher once it's running perfectly. But... for $550, a bolt-on turbo upgrade like this can't be beat.

(By the way, I have a full 3" exhaust with no cats, which helps the spool and top-end power, too...)

Mike

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some pics:

Yes, the exhaust side is stock (unclipped).

Mike

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Awesome man.

Check for oil leaks, I just put mine in and I think there is a problem with the oil line seals cause the line is a little shiny...

But it looks great. :bigthumb:

·
Dissident
1,087 Posts
drjonez said:
$550, eh? shoulda sent it to performance techniques and saved yourself $100....
At least he got it unclipped. I asked PT to not clip mine, but it came back with 10 deg anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts