Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ordered the BOSS 550 from SS a few weeks back and its on its way today. I talked with Charles there and he sent me some pics of it mocked up on their engine. He's also using the pics of my turbo for their website. It looks SWEEET!!

Its a TO4E 58 big shaft and dual ball bearings with all the hardware.

·
Registered
707 Posts
:drool: I remember reading about this turbo while it was in development a long time ago... back then all they had was casts of it. Looks beautiful! When was it made available to the public?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Just looked it up on the website and damn they don't mess around over there do they... GTS72 - 750HP, GTS74 - 825HP!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
looks like a nice high quality piece... i like the spacer on the exhaust manifold. i almost needed one of those too, my turbo came quite close to hitting the manifold.

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
Very Nice! Looks like those turbo's are finally out, but forhat kind of money id rather go with a ext. wastegate turbo, and t4 flange

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
oh man thats hot, i hadn't heard anything back about the BOSS-550 since it was a concept on paper. Awesome turbo, I'm diggin' it. How much did it cost? $1500?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was spendie, (way more than $1500), but I wanted to keep the "look" fairly stock, so no tubular mani and external wg, and besides the dual BB T4s were way more than this without custom pipes. This bad boy will bolt right up. Plug and Play 550+hp!! Got to love it!!

Matt

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also looks like I'm getting the first commercially available one, there is one test mule out there on a guys car from ITS Turbo, and Charles @ Supra Sport has a 67 trim being built, but doesn't have time yet to get his car running.

I'll be bringing her to SILV05, but will have pics and dyno #'s once the new engine is in.

Matt

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
I must say this turbo took forever and a day to get off the ground but the results are worth it.

SupraSport is really coming out with a bang.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think the housing will just bolt up to any T04 center section. I think the biggest hold up was getting a turbo manufacturer to machine the housing to fit the DBB center section, but you might ask SS, or check their website.

I know that polished and bigger than stock doesn't look real stealthy, but the proverbial "mullett head" in the 5.0 down the street wouldn't have a clue if there was a stock looking manifold and heat shields, he might (just might) get a clue with a ceramic coated tubular manifold and big wastegate sticking out of that side of the engine bay.

Matt

·
WhorE
504 Posts
gilsdorf said:
I know that polished and bigger than stock doesn't look real stealthy, but the proverbial "mullett head" in the 5.0 down the street wouldn't have a clue if there was a stock looking manifold and heat shields, he might (just might) get a clue with a ceramic coated tubular manifold and big wastegate sticking out of that side of the engine bay.

Matt
haahaha Thats what I like to hear! :bigthumb:

G

·
Matt you will have the first of our turbo's, you will diffenently like it when you get it. Can't wait to see it in Vegas!
To answere the cost question:
They range from $1195 for a 375HP stage 3
all the way to
$3,344.90 for 825+HP Q-trim
All our turbo's are complete plug and play. They include all hardware and come clocked with a install manual with pictures!
We use the spacer because we went with the "E" compressor cover which was larger than our previous "B" size

We will also have our new fuel rail out soon that will have a 10an inside diameter and can be ordered with 10, 8, or 6 an fittings.
Thanks
Jack

1 - 20 of 26 Posts