Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got the LIPP/BOSS to4E 54 on the car, made some 2.5 inch hardpipes and started it up today. Sounded and ran good, but split the accordian hose putting it on, and had to make another coupler fit so there is a 2.5 inch bottle neck between the accordian hose and the turbo inlet. Took the car around the block a few times.. and felt real good. Much better throttle response over the stock pipes, but it was raining really bad today and if i even put the throttle half down it would break the tires loose... felt pretty strong.

Gonna adjust the boost tonight or tomorrow morning and hope for drier weather. Also am gonna make a custom "accordian hose"... before i go to the dyno...

Dont laugh at my welds... im still learning... Pressure tested and everything was tight though...

Notice the afm... i rotated it to get the filter to point in the direction i wanted... will this have any effect on the afm? Its upside down... seeing as there is no flap or moving parts i didnt think it would affect it..

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Looks real good. Hopefully tomorrow you will beable to open her up a lil more. Get some vids too.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Nice man. My upper pipes will be running the same route, but instead of that filter design i figured i'd just go with the MAP ecu and remove the afm all together to make room for the pipes =P

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah... i really want to get rid of the afm... but i went the lex afm and 550s... kind of hate to throw that stuff out... well see what kind of power it makes....

Vids will come soon... i have a pair of blizzak snow tires that i no longer need... so i will destroy them..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah.. the only thing is i was using just a flux core mig welder... and when i ground down some of the welds it would expose new pinholes... This weekend im gonna pull them off the car again and use a nicer gas mig welder and clean them up... also gonna pressure test the spearco intercooler and make sure its cool. Then its time to turn up the boost... hehe

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ and i assume that youll be making some videos when you crank up the boost?? ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts