Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I searched on here about the Version Select line of body kits but found nothing...

I've ran a 240SX performance business for a little over three years now, and Ive seen my fair share of bad fitting body kits...

About a year ago, a new company popped up called Version Select...

I should have done a buy-in while they were new because the quality is second to none and now they got a million distributors...

We did a test fit on a customers car and I was shocked. The kit almost bolted up, and took less than an hour to fit....

They claim the kits are made in Japan, which I can't confirm...

Just a month or two ago, they released a kit for the MKIV Supra, which I have yet to read a review about on here...

They are AAA grade kits, thick fiberglass, and great fitment...what more can you ask for from a budget based kit....I'd easily put them up against Cwest, Vertex, or some of the other kits I've dealt with...

Check them out at www.versionselect.com

P.S.- I'm gonna purchase their Supra kit this week and try to get some video, pics of the install...I'm psyched...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I have seen them charge the 240SX customers, typically full kit for $800-$900...

I know MSRP on the whole kit isn't over a $1000.....

I'm gonna fax over my business license and tax ID tomorrow and see what sort of deal they will give..

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
wait on that for a couple days... i looked at the contact page and noticed that they are located in Northbrook, IL... on anthony traill.... in other words about 5 min from me

im going to swing by there and take a look at their product, and if i like it ill be walking out with a kit since i am in desperate need of a bumper

if i dont post in 2 days, someone PM me and remind me!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
swearitsstock said:
wait on that for a couple days... i looked at the contact page and noticed that they are located in Northbrook, IL... on anthony traill.... in other words about 5 min from me

im going to swing by there and take a look at their product, and if i like it ill be walking out with a kit since i am in desperate need of a bumper

if i dont post in 2 days, someone PM me and remind me!
I'll be hunting you down if I dont hear back in two days...

Thanks for this....

And Top secret Replica Bumper, hell yeah!!!

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
Riggs said:
Not just the bumper is a Top Secret replica, those sides and rears are replicas of TS as well.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldnt' be suprised if they are made by the same people overseas..

I'm telling you, I was that shocked when I saw the Version Select kit....

The 240SX guys swear by this company, and I figure with many of those guys being previous Honda Civic owners, they'd know a crappy kit when they see one...

I look forward to hearing his review....I'm ready to make my purchase...

·
Registered
323 Posts
only the whifbitz has a place in my heart. Otherwise im not one for the kits.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Riggs said:
I'll be hunting you down if I dont hear back in two days...

Thanks for this....

i am currently leaving my house on a journey to see this product...

and btw... im taking my car there with the bumper off in order to talk these guys into letting me "try it on" to see its quality!

be back in 2 hrs

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
well... ive got amazing news (and ill have pictures once i find my docking station)...

here is the walk thru:
i showed up at the warehouse, the guys working there were extremely nice... they walked me through the warehouse and gave me a nice little tour... they then took me over to the bodykits which were all nicely sealed and in place (not thrown in a corner)... all of the kits were in good condition and well stored (so you dont have to worry about damaged product)

next i looked over the actual kit itself. all the kits were made of handlaid fiberglass. not a single kit had a bubble in it. most of the prep work was already done (like sanding out waves and cleaning up any imperfections). all edges were sharp and clean (no hack cut jobs). all high stress areas were upto an 1/8in thick (like the bottom of the bumper had many additional layers so it wouldnt crack on a speed bump).

the salesman then gave me a demo of the sturdiness of the kits themselves... he took the sideskirt and bent it 90* in both directions repeatedly for almost a minute! no cracks, no issues, no stress sounds, and it just popped back into shape like nothing ever happened... all in all i think this kit will handle a shitload of abuse...

i am buying the kit tomorrow and swinging it by my bodyshop for a professional opinion... version select said they would stand behind the kit, and if it ended up being a complete piece of crap then id get it taken care of...

i will have more updates when M&B Autobody looks over the pieces but i am really satisfied with what i saw

(i will post pics when i find my docking station as well as the video of the guy twisting and turning the sideskirt)

edit: 870 + shipping is price for whole kit
i dont think they will part out... only whole kit

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey man... can you tell me where they are located ... like pm me thier address, because im in Naperville, and would like to swing by and see what they have available.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts

·
Space for sale
983 Posts
OH Snap! Can you post the pictures that you took?

I definately would like to stop by soon!! Would they let us do a cheaper "group-buy" deal?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am going to fax over my business license and tax ID today....

I will have to clear it through the mods, but I'd be happy to do a group buy...which I promise to not mark anything up....especially as Ill be buying a kit as well...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts