Supra Forums banner

New Wheel & Tire fitment guide.

373K views 2K replies 369 participants last post by  Radride 
#1 · (Edited)
Please send me an e-mail if you would like a copy of the spreadsheet.

(my email is no longer valid)

Later, Steve

#2 ·
Awesome Steve....

But you know this won't stop the "Steve... need wheel help" posts. :D

#3 ·
But now all the questions will be about the spreadsheet. :)

I am hoping it will give people the information they need with out people constantly reading the same stuff over and over.

Later, Steve

#12 ·
The style of wheel doesn't affect the offset. It does affect things like the width of the lip and whether or not the wheel will clear your brake caliper, but not the offset,

Later, Steve

#21 · (Edited)
I would assume so, but I have never looked under an NA. I am not sure, but I think the NA had the same size tire front and rear. If this is the case, I would try to maintain that setup. Maybe a 265/35R18 all the way around.

Later, Steve

#22 ·
Very nice tool. Thanks, Steve!

A couple of comments:

First, I noticed that the example of good fitment under "Rear w/ rolled fenders" (315/30/18 on 11.5" rim w/ 45mm offset) actually triggers one of the error messages. If offset is changed from 45 to 46, everything is fine.

Second, I am curious to know how the rim width is chosen. For example, why would an 11" rim be a better choice than the 11.5" rim for a 315 tire.

Lastly, after playing with it for a little while. It seems that the best all around fitment for a Supra w/ rolled fenders is 275/35/18 front and 315/30/18 rear on 18x10" w/ 55mm offset and 18x11" w/ 46mm offset rims.

#23 ·
$upraMan,

FIRST You are correct, I knew I would have at least one error in there somewhere. :mad:

SECOND I am not saying that an 11.0" rim is the best rim for a 315. I am only using the rim that most manufacturers are using when measuring a given tire size. Most manufacturers use an 11" wheel when measuring a 315. I would personally prefer an 11.5" wheel for a 315. The spreadsheet needs to know that a 315 is .2" wider on a 11.5" than 11", so it looks at the measured wheel width so it knows whether to add or subtract from the tires measured section width.

LASTLY That looks like a pretty good fitment. I would probably reduce the front wheel to an 18x9.5" 50mm offset. You will also need some suspension (such as swaybars) to keep the car balanced. Keep in mind that your choice will be dictated by the available sizes/offset the wheel manufacturer offers. Also remember that you are on the extreme end of the possible fitments, so your on your own.

Later, Steve

#25 ·
I currently run 265/35R18's on 18x9.5" 50mm offset front and 295/30R18's on 18x10.5" 55mm offset rear. If I had it to do all over again, I would probably run a 275/35R18 on 18x9.5" 50mm offset front and 315/30R18 on 18x11.5" rear with a TRD 27% stiffer front swaybar and a TRD 53% stiffer "Big Ass" rear swaybar.

Later, Steve

#26 ·
i keep trying and its not working