Supra Forums banner

1421 - 1435 of 1435 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
The fronts will be fine. The rear is close to flush fitment. Unless you're running a really skinny rear tire, they will rub.

R.K.
Thanks for your input.
What rear wheel fitment would you recommend for 19 x11 or should I do 19x10.5? I would be willing to trim the rear fender lip to the pinch welds.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,073 Posts
Thanks for your input.
What rear wheel fitment would you recommend for 19 x11 or should I do 19x10.5? I would be willing to trim the rear fender lip to the pinch welds.
If you're rolling or cutting your fenders then go with a 11.5" wheel. If not, your size and offset were wrong for the rear (I looked up the chart on the WORK website). Its actually +48 A disk. You can run a 295/30/19 on the 11" wheel, it will stretch the tire so it has a better chance of clearing and it drops the OD from 26" to 25.5". If need be, you can either dial in a bit more negative camber to clear or slightly roll your fenders.

R.K.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Question, why would you go small when you can probably get better fitting wheels for the same money as these and will be able to run real size tires. Plus, I can't guarantee these will clear the front turbo brakes.

R.K.
Really liked the look of the wheels (te37 reps) other than that no reason. A local guy has them 18x8.5 +35 and 18x9.5 +38 mounted on his NA and they fit really well and look awesome but wanted to know whether 8.5 +35 will clear TT brakes.

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,121 Posts
^ in that case it’s more of a matter of the shape of the spokes for TT brake clearance

the advice he’s giving is more towards actual improvement in width/contact patch over oem. the stock front wheels on a TT are already 8” wide

·
Registered
36 Posts
^ in that case it’s more of a matter of the shape of the spokes for TT brake clearance

the advice he’s giving is more towards actual improvement in width/contact patch over oem. the stock front wheels on a TT are already 8” wide
I understand but i'm totally content with running 245/275 combo talking about which would 245/40 (8.5) and 275/40 (9.5) work? The NA guy is running 255/35 and 275/40 with no rubbing.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,073 Posts
I understand but i'm totally content with running 245/275 combo talking about which would 245/40 (8.5) and 275/40 (9.5) work? The NA guy is running 255/35 and 275/40 with no rubbing.
Then ask him if you can try the fronts on and see what kind of clearance you have. I am not giving fitment advise on cheap cast wheels that have no caliper clearance data. If his fit, then you can go with the wider setup. If his don't fit, I don't want to say that getting the wider wheels will give you more clearance.

R.K.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Then ask him if you can try the fronts on and see what kind of clearance you have. I am not giving fitment advise on cheap cast wheels that have no caliper clearance data. If his fit, then you can go with the wider setup. If his don't fit, I don't want to say that getting the wider wheels will give you more clearance.

R.K.
Thank you, and I checked with another guy running same setup with TT brakes and the fronts require 2mm spacer (backspacing is 6.13" if that helps), rear fit without any issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Ken. Would a 295/30/18 be a better look? Would that look more meaty than the 285/35/18 or will it give it that stretched look?
Your wheel is 10.5 inches , or 266.7 mm wide. A 275 mm width tire will fit, but a 285 mm tire will look better, IMO, and give you the look you want. I have 10.5 inch wide wheels on one of my cars and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, sized 285/35/18 mounted on those wheels.

Ken.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you're rolling or cutting your fenders then go with a 11.5" wheel. If not, your size and offset were wrong for the rear (I looked up the chart on the WORK website). Its actually +48 A disk. You can run a 295/30/19 on the 11" wheel, it will stretch the tire so it has a better chance of clearing and it drops the OD from 26" to 25.5". If need be, you can either dial in a bit more negative camber to clear or slightly roll your fenders.

R.K.
After looking at the work Meister S1 3P wheel chart, how would 19x11 +42mm O-disk work on the rear? Would I have to roll/cut the fender lip?

Just trying to decide weather to go with the 19x11 - +48 A disk or +42 O disk.

Thanks

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,073 Posts
After looking at the work Meister S1 3P wheel chart, how would 19x11 +42mm O-disk work on the rear? Would I have to roll/cut the fender lip?

Just trying to decide weather to go with the 19x11 - +48 A disk or +42 O disk.

Thanks
If you go with the +42 O disk then you might as well go with the 11.5" +48 O disk because that will be the identical outer fitment and you will have to roll your fenders. If you won't want to roll then go with the +48 A-disk.

R.K.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you go with the +42 O disk then you might as well go with the 11.5" +48 O disk because that will be the identical outer fitment and you will have to roll your fenders. If you won't want to roll then go with the +48 A-disk.

R.K.
Is there much of a visual difference between the A disk and O disk in the above offsets? I want the deeper lips for looks but feel the A disk is the best option fit wise. So I'm going back and on which set up to go with. I'm trying not to roll the fender lip but not totally opposed to it either. Thanks R.K. for your help.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,073 Posts
Is there much of a visual difference between the A disk and O disk in the above offsets? I want the deeper lips for looks but feel the A disk is the best option fit wise. So I'm going back and on which set up to go with. I'm trying not to roll the fender lip but not totally opposed to it either. Thanks R.K. for your help.
96mm O Disk vs 83mm A-Disk. That's how big the lips are.

R.K.

·
Registered
1 Posts
96mm O Disk vs 83mm A-Disk. That's how big the lips are.

R.K.
Hey Radride Knowing that your the fitment guru i wanted to run this by you to see what your thoughts were. I have some CCW Classics in 18x10 +38 in front and 18x11 +57 in rear. I was going to run a r888r in 265/35 up front and 305/35 in rear but cant find the 305 in stock anywhere. Can i jump up to a 315/30 without rolling? My rears are cut. Or should i step down to a 295/30 for the time being? Also whats your opinion on the front setup. Those are stock fender setup as well. Thank you LEGEND!!

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,073 Posts
Hey Radride Knowing that your the fitment guru i wanted to run this by you to see what your thoughts were. I have some CCW Classics in 18x10 +38 in front and 18x11 +57 in rear. I was going to run a r888r in 265/35 up front and 305/35 in rear but cant find the 305 in stock anywhere. Can i jump up to a 315/30 without rolling? My rears are cut. Or should i step down to a 295/30 for the time being? Also whats your opinion on the front setup. Those are stock fender setup as well. Thank you LEGEND!!
Here is the problem that I can see. Even though the R888 runs wide, the 265 will be square on the 10" wheel. The rears with a 11" wide wheel, the 315 will bulge on it. You won't have to worry about rubbing because you have more than enough clearance assuming the offsets you gave me are correct. If you're okay with that look, then you should be good to go.

On the fronts, you might have to remove the 10mm bolt holding on the fender linear at 12 o-clock on both sides to ensure clearance. You're about 4mm more aggressive than most run.

R.K.

1421 - 1435 of 1435 Posts