Supra Forums banner
1561 - 1580 of 1625 Posts

· it was almost all p no H
1,115 Posts
thank you! I dont want to go that wide in the front since itll just drive a way i dont want it to. im ok with 255 fronts max and 295/305 in rear. i want a look thats pretty flush(at least better than stock with stock tire dimensions) and will never have any issues with the stock body that is not rolled or cut. the tool is nice, i will just need to do some measuring...or find a set of wheels for supra and see how they measure up.

thank you

· Wheel Fitment Guru
4,892 Posts

· Wheel Fitment Guru
4,892 Posts
thank you! I dont want to go that wide in the front since itll just drive a way i dont want it to. im ok with 255 fronts max and 295/305 in rear. i want a look thats pretty flush(at least better than stock with stock tire dimensions) and will never have any issues with the stock body that is not rolled or cut. the tool is nice, i will just need to do some measuring...or find a set of wheels for supra and see how they measure up.

thank you
18x9 +30 front
I ran a 18x10 +39 and a 295 and it rubbed. 10.5 +45 is the same wheel placement as my 10" +39's except a wider wheel. It will be really sunken in but you also have to worry about tires because some tires run super wide as compared to others so you might rub. You might have to dial in a bit more negative camber.

R.K.

· Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone know if Forgestar D5 wheels will clear the Brembo 380mm BBKs for the Supra? I'm looking at going 18x10+42 in the front and 18x11+56 in the rear to run 275s and 305s, respectively. I'm planning to contact Forgestar as well and see but thought I'd ask here and see if anyone had experience. I saw that their 18s were able to clear Hellcat brakes, which gave me hope, but I don't know how BBK friendly the faces on those wheels actually are, especially with higher offsets.

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Need help with my front wheels and tires

18x9.5 +38 with a 3mm spacer to clear brakes so +35. Wheels are doubled concave which is why (not flat face front)

my 265/35 is hitting the little vented area on fender liner on turns. Car is lowered about 1” in the front with coilovers. Trying to figure out if a 255/35/18 will fix the issue before spending the money. It’s slightly smaller
overall, have checked the calculator already but want to see if anybody else has had my same issue

is there any important wiring I should be worried about in that area?It’s just the front around vents and towards edge of bumper, no issues with bumps and dips

· Wheel Fitment Guru
4,892 Posts
Need help with my front wheels and tires

18x9.5 +38 with a 3mm spacer to clear brakes so +35. Wheels are doubled concave which is why (not flat face front)

my 265/35 is hitting the little vented area on fender liner on turns. Car is lowered about 1” in the front with coilovers. Trying to figure out if a 255/35/18 will fix the issue before spending the money. It’s slightly smaller
overall, have checked the calculator already but want to see if anybody else has had my same issue

is there any important wiring I should be worried about in that area?It’s just the front around vents and towards edge of bumper, no issues with bumps and dips
That's super odd. Have you checked your alignment? I would start there.

R.K.

· Wheel Fitment Guru
4,892 Posts
Does anyone know if Forgestar D5 wheels will clear the Brembo 380mm BBKs for the Supra? I'm looking at going 18x10+42 in the front and 18x11+56 in the rear to run 275s and 305s, respectively. I'm planning to contact Forgestar as well and see but thought I'd ask here and see if anyone had experience. I saw that their 18s were able to clear Hellcat brakes, which gave me hope, but I don't know how BBK friendly the faces on those wheels actually are, especially with higher offsets.
That wheel fitment is terrible. The front's will be flush but the rears will sucked into the fenders 14mm. I figured I would tell you that first before you pull the trigger on ordering them.

R.K.

· Registered
34 Posts
That wheel fitment is terrible. The front's will be flush but the rears will sucked into the fenders 14mm. I figured I would tell you that first before you pull the trigger on ordering them.

R.K.
Thanks for the warning. It was a no-go from Forgestar's engineers about their 18" D5 wheels clearing the 380mm Brembos and apparently the 18x11 +56 fitment is being discontinued, anyway.

· Registered
1,991 Posts

· Registered
S2 // SZ // Manual
177 Posts
So these are the available sizes for the Rim/Wheel of choice:
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Number

I played around with the calculator, I hope I am using it correctly. If I use their default sizing, does that mean that the wheels will be sticking out beyond the fenders by 14mm? So in order to make it "flush" I would need an offset of the 2nd image (36mm) right?
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

As for the fronts, something like this?

The calculator is approximate, of course, but it's "close enough" with accuracy right?
Also, how do we know if the wheels will clear big brakes? What do we need to calculate for this?
Another thing: I currently have the same wheel sizing on the front and back, and the fronts are really far in, while the rears are much closer to a better finish. Does this mean that the front discs are further inside, and therefore need extra sizing to make up for it? Does the base sizing provided by that user account for this?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

And lastly, for the Supra, being a RWD, what's a recommended front wheel sizing? I see that my options are between 8 to 10.5, but what would be the best sizing for the Supra's fronts? Are 8s better than 9s? Or 8.5?

· Registered
1,991 Posts
I played around with the calculator, I hope I am using it correctly. If I use their default sizing, does that mean that the wheels will be sticking out beyond the fenders by 14mm? So in order to make it "flush" I would need an offset of the 2nd image (36mm) right?
Yes
The calculator is approximate, of course, but it's "close enough" with accuracy right?
Yes
Also, how do we know if the wheels will clear big brakes? What do we need to calculate for this?
Need to check the wheel maker, they sometimes have multiple 'face' designs that are different depths to make up for different brake clearances.
And lastly, for the Supra, being a RWD, what's a recommended front wheel sizing?
Depends on what you want to use the car for, and how much rubber you want. If you're keeping power steering and it's a road car, I'd go as large as possible, but not larger than the rears. For a track car, go with what suits your setup.

• Helpful
Reactions: Vorukanu

· Registered
S2 // SZ // Manual
177 Posts
Depends on what you want to use the car for, and how much rubber you want. If you're keeping power steering and it's a road car, I'd go as large as possible, but not larger than the rears. For a track car, go with what suits your setup.
Is there a "golden rule" on the ratios or anything similar? For example would 9 front and 10 rear be worse than 8 front and 11 rear? Or 9.5 front and 10 rear?
For a street/road car.

1561 - 1580 of 1625 Posts