Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just slapped on my new wheels and tires to test fit them.. They are off to have the centers painted gloss black tommorow...

(Please excuse the diaster that is my garage.. I have been decking the attic.. so all the attic crap is in my garage, also I know the "rolling" done on the rear fenders is for shit.. pervious owner did that.. I have an appointment to have them cut, rolled, and i got some POR 15 undercoat to prevent further rusting.)

Side by side comparision old fronts and new fronts.

Side by side, old rears, new rears

Photocrop of right rear with old tires, and left rear with new tires

Couple of pictures of the fronts:

Couple of pictures of the rears:

She is starting to come together.....

·
Headlight Restorer
1,107 Posts
very nice! love the CCW's, but I think you gatta do something to that fender. It's starting to rust.....=(

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gadfly said:
(Please excuse the diaster that is my garage.. I have been decking the attic.. so all the attic crap is in my garage, also I know the "rolling" done on the rear fenders is for shit.. pervious owner did that.. I have an appointment to have them cut, rolled, and i got some POR 15 undercoat to prevent further rusting.)
Yeah I know it is just surface rust, once they are cut and rolled the POR will take care of any remaining surface rust (will be cut back beyond the rust line, so i doubt any will be there.)

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Looks damn good :) Congratulations! I personally prefer cutting of the rear fenders as it allows just a freckle more room and the CCW's tend to be a +50 rear and can use the extra space with a big tire.

Glad to see some real meets on the car too! Now we need to get you another set of rears with some DR's on them! :)

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers mate.. I think i could just cut them.. After all I have a hack saw and a dremel tool!

·
Registered
802 Posts
i might need some por 15 undercoat also.. do u happen to know anyone in houston that does it....

the shop that cut my fenders, didnt do anything to prevent it from rusting.. i wont name any names though.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
undercaoting or just plain paint is fine as well. Get some touch up paint and carefully apply it to the bare metal.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
then you have to sand it down a bit first. Then paint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts