Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Piece of metal got thrown up on the freeway and damaged my a-pillar and took a chunk out of my front windshield. I had everything fixed, but the front windshield replacement was aftermarket and not Toyota. I realized this after the fact. Toyota rearview mirror does not work on this windshield.

So, my question is....I have what looks like a 2x2 inch black square on my windshield where a rearview would go. I am looking for something nice to go there without any electronics or power options. Just something simple, but nice. Any suggestions? Please DO NOT tell me to go look on Ebay. Everything I saw on there looked like backward ass country f**k mirrors with flames and junk. Not what you would put on a Supra.

CARGASM

M

·
0 Posts
Maybe I'm confused, but you should just put a rearview mirror there. I may be wrong, but I thought you could buy the MKIV rear-view's mounting base from toyota and mount it onto the windshield. Am I wrong? I had to order parts for my rear-view before and I thought for sure that was one of them that could be ordered.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MarksSupra33 said:
Maybe I'm confused, but you should just put a rearview mirror there. I may be wrong, but I thought you could buy the MKIV rear-view's mounting base from toyota and mount it onto the windshield. Am I wrong? I had to order parts for my rear-view before and I thought for sure that was one of them that could be ordered.
If I had got a factory OEM windshield, then this wouldn't be a problem. The one from the factory comes equipped with the base built into the glass that the mirror slips right in to. Since this was an insurance deal, they put an aftermarket shield in. It's nice and all, but it is a pain to find a decent rearview mirror that will glue on.

CARGASM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts