Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year ago this week, my old TTZ was totalled by vandals in my parking deck. I spent the better part of a year working on swapping everything into a new shell, which just never happened...for financial and time reasons. Most of the leftover parts and carcasses have since been sold off. I then bought a practical car, thinking I would be ok not having a sports car for a few years while I focused on other parts of my life and built up some money. Turns out the addiction is too serious and I only lasted a few months before the obsession took over. Last week I picked up a beautiful '92 NA 300zx. It's pretty slow, but has an obscene amount of suspension mods, so should still be enjoyable enough to last me while I build up funds for a TT swap. Anyways enough talk, here are the pics...little photoshoot with some friends of mine:

·
Registered
326 Posts
:bigthumb:

Cons

·
<.>
343 Posts
Very nice looking!

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
Color is nice. Overall presentation looks great. I'm not a huge fan of those large, visible exhausts though.

which suspension mods?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
SPL(KTS) Coilovers
PentRoof SubFrame Collars
Carbing F&R Strut bars
Top Speed Rear Ladder Bar
SPL Tension Rods
Jic Rear Upper Arms
Ultimate Front Upper Arms
Stillen Sway bars

Thats what he listed...the ladder bar should take the place of the rear sway, but I haven't really looked too much underneath it to check if the rear is a ladder or sway bar. I agree with you on the exhaust, it's a little large for my tastes. I'd prefer labree which is similar to the stock exhaust (quad round tips), just with larger diameter on each tip vs stock.

edit: pic of the labree cat-back if you are curious:

I'll probably be swapping my current cat-back for one of those shortly

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
yeah 100% agree on the dual exhausts. You can do that when you swap in the turbo motor I guess.

Altogether your blue car looks quite nice. :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Congrats! Looks like a great candidate for a TT swap!

·
Registered
683 Posts
The picture of the red Z actually has the SpecialtyZ exhaust, similar but the build is different

There's always the option to get the 4.5" quad oval B&B exhausts

I love the SpecialtyZ exhaust, but nothing looks better than the B&B quad ovals, that design flows perfect with the lines of the car...I would love to see SpecialtyZ making this design too.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
^ VERY good lookin exhaust there!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The picture of the red Z actually has the SpecialtyZ exhaust, similar but the build is different

There's always the option to get the 4.5" quad oval B&B exhausts
Whatever....dupree, everyone calls it labree on the Z forums so thats what I wrote without thinking about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts