Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Real Girl Thread FTW!
4,626 Posts
Looks like the Corvette took off first and the the EVO Gripped good!!! Good video!

·
Resident Hippy
252 Posts
My boy Charles beat the new Z06 with his Evo on low boost from a roll. The z06 owner kept saying a ton of excuses. Oh that car isnt that much faster thatn mine. yet he declined the challenge at the track when charles would have his laptop to raise boost n change maps.

Dont sleep on Evos!! The one in that vid is especially quick.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree don't sleep on evo's.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
I sleep on EVO's all the time.

B

·
0 Posts
Lethal z said:
My boy Charles beat the new Z06 with his Evo on low boost from a roll. The z06 owner kept saying a ton of excuses. Oh that car isnt that much faster thatn mine. yet he declined the challenge at the track when charles would have his laptop to raise boost n change maps.

Dont sleep on Evos!! The one in that vid is especially quick.
Would he mind u telling us what's done to that evo? I tried to race a c6 earlier today, but it was an older guy with his wife and he didn't want to play. I can't seem to get any vettes to race me, anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, Evo's can be modded to be fast, but it still has 4 doors and and a looks like a shopping cart with its massive wing. What's funny is when you put it in 5th or 6th gear around town about 40-45 mph, and try accelerating with that turbo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
FlawleZ said:
Yeah, Evo's can be modded to be fast, but it still has 4 doors and and a looks like a shopping cart with its massive wing. What's funny is when you put it in 5th or 6th gear around town about 40-45 mph, and try accelerating with that turbo.
Shift into 4th.

I hate the whole "Turbo lag sucks" crap. Lame excuse to bash the EVO imo.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Exploited said:
Shift into 4th.

I hate the whole "Turbo lag sucks" crap. Lame excuse to bash the EVO imo.
The problem is low end grunt. It has none. Sure it makes power with the turbo boosting, but EVERY motor does that. Not really knocking the Evo just mentioning some of its downfalls. The 4G63 is a weak motor by nature. It relies solely on massive power adders.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts