Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
supra newb from columbus
I've had a 1993.5 original tt for about two months now and am getting ready to start saving for a rebuild. I have mainly BPU upgrades on stock turbos around a 16psi spike. I got dyno'd at 380rwhp that was tuned down from 400 because at 18psi, the injectors were running at 100% capacity which was leaning it out. I'm looking to get a really clean build as the one I have now occasionally smokes on startup and is a lot laggier then I expected (full boost fluctuates between 4500 to even 5k). Ideally I'd like somewhere around 500whp earlier in the powerband but to have it run very reliably and cost effectively. An obvious option is to get more fuel, ems and a single turbo, but what about a new oem fuel system (existing setup has 115k on the clock) and rebuilt twins? I feel like this would be a lot smoother of a drive and more cost efficient. What is the potential capacity of oem twins and oem fuel?

(mods are fmic, intake, tb exhaust, greddy mbc, stg3 clutch)

· King of Snark
2,126 Posts
You'd be hardpressed to get near 500 with the stock turbos. I say save up your money and get a decent single setup. I believe the stocks are good for around 19psi and then you are in the danger zone. A lot of people are selling their single setups in the forsale section I say peruse that and see what's out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.