Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SC Performance
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i know that a BOV is used to relief presure in the intract track when the throttle body plate is closed suddenly........but is that the BOV tha causes that really Awesome sound after a GOOD burnout...... u know what i'm talking bout.....that multiple flutter of air. An y does it make that noise

P.S. its not just a real quick noise like from a shift.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
You probably heard the Blow off Valve and wastegate on a Single car.

·
SC Performance
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm..... i have heard this noise not only on supras but most turboed cars.......... And its allways after a Burnout like at the track. And on some cars its SupER loud

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Find a vid for me where a car does it..

G

·
Yea man, different BOV's have different sounds. My friend has a turboed Eclipse with a greddy Type S... and depending on how he adjusts it, it will either give off a real sharp whistle, or a multiple flutter whoosh sound. And also it deoppends on how much boost you have built up. Sometime not much boost will make it flutter.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
SC Performance
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah i know what a BOV is and sounds like during a Rev or a Shift this is the noise i'm talkin bout

The Cuda Will Burn out first then back up........then the supra will Burnout...... the noise i want to know about is the Sound right he starts to roll forward and finish the Burn.

http://supra.sysadmin-racing.com/videos/temp/supra_vs_cuda2.avi

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Sounds like the Wastgate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts