Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first of all let me say that this is a very awesome forum, i just bought an 88 turbo 5-speed to replace my 83 auto that was totaled recently and even without the search function i have already learned alot....now down to buissness

I bought this car a week ago and included was an APEXi S-AFC, old school HKS BOV, HKS HG, and some other little stuff. He just got a printout to me for the flow converter and he has already set everything to what he thinks is correct. Every 86.5-92 7M-GTE listed has Karmen listed as the sensor type except for the 88.8 is listed as pressure sensor. There is also a side note that says Turbo A. I have noticed that there is an "A" on my turbo housing, but i'm not sure if that is what they are talking about. The guy before me did hook it up as Karmen, but i'm not sure if it needs to be switched over to pressure sensor or not. Thanks for any help... Scott

·
Bully
5,319 Posts
Turbo A was a limited production 88 supra with 89+ bodyparts + engine upgrades that was out in Japan only. So the previous owner set it up right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts