Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Top Secret T88H
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Dan I grew up in northwest WA state (lived there for 17 years) and am possibly moving back from Houston TX. I have a couple questions maybe someone can help me out with..

1. Is there any AEM tuners around?

2. I need a new block with internals then a tune, anybody know where's the best place for that?

3. Whats with everyone and hard tops, is it because of the rain?

ps. I have a 94 black/beige single turbo t67 with AEM EMS.. and other mods.

Thanx for the help, I do appreciate it.

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
The only one I can help you out with is 3.
I've got a targa and it leaks a bit occasionally on the driver side.
besides, if you're coming over here soon, in the summer, it doesn't matter, it's sunny for the majority of the summer over here, as you probably already know. As for the rest of the year, the targa's are probably pretty useless. Only had mine a couple months, so can't really voice on the other months, but I'm looking foward to summer.
I haven't seen a lot of people with hard tops though...

·
Where's my turbo?
242 Posts
Another thing. The hardtops are stiffer than the targas (and lighter). With my targa, when I go over a bump, the car twists like a spring. Not cool.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,913 Posts
i have never had a targa issue with rain, but then again, the only water it sees is when i am washing it ;)

the hard tops are stiffer and lighter, but on top of that, they are more rare too since there were so few produced. on top of that, the TT hardtops were only made 93,94,95 so they are more exclusive.

as for shops, RRev was mentioned, TorqueFreaks is another that knows Supras well.

·
Top Secret T88H
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I just refound my old post from months and months ago.. so far it looks like I am making a move in July. My targa also leaks a little bit on the driver side.. I dont plan on driving my car in the rain so hopefully it wont be a problem.. looking forward to meeting supra owners though! :)

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Wow, I just refound my old post from months and months ago.. so far it looks like I am making a move in July. My targa also leaks a little bit on the driver side.. I dont plan on driving my car in the rain so hopefully it wont be a problem.. looking forward to meeting supra owners though! :)
Wow...back from the dead! There are far more Targa cars here than Hardtops, although I must say we do have our fair share of participating members her in the PacNW that have Hardtops. I think it's just pure coincidence actually, but I've seen four of them in the last week including my own. As for the targa seals, a quick replacement of these guys can produce another 10+ years of dry seats and carpet. Look forward to meeting you, and remember, PacNW Supra Nationals are in Seattle this year first week of August!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts