Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to toytas, and supra automobiles, however I have much experience in mini/domestic trucks. I have been asked to assisit in the buildup of a 1987 non-turbo supra to be shown in 04/05 show seasons. I have been looking around, but having trouble finding some items for this car. My areas on the car to pay attention to is the engine and drivetrain, and some minor apperence things.

With that out the way, could you please assist me on the following...

1. Found front STB, looking for rear if space permits after audio install.

2. Air Intake, and I want a REAL cold air intake, I'm finding nothing

3. Header, found a black pacesetter, anyone make a chrome one?

4. Found adj coil-overs for 93+, but not 87-92. BTW, I have yet to see under the car so far.

5. Hood, major lack of options here, so flat, needs something

6. Short Throw shifter (havent looked much here yet)

7. Tail Lights, no aftermarket here. Think I noticed the turbos got different taillights then non-turbos, is this true?

8. Alt, must have high output for all the electronics, maybe duals.

9. Electric fan, what seems to be choice?

Any help would be apperciated, I'm not to good at finding stuff on the net.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
1. Found front STB, looking for rear if space permits after audio install.
Cusco rear.. try www.935motorsports.com

2. Air Intake, and I want a REAL cold air intake, I'm finding nothing
TONS of intakes. Best is Apex'i imho. For cold air, you need to go custom. Get an AFM adapter and some mandrel bends and make one.

3. Header, found a black pacesetter, anyone make a chrome one?
Paeco... search. I don't know if they have chrome or not. You can always have it coated or plated if you care.

4. Found adj coil-overs for 93+, but not 87-92. BTW, I have yet to see under the car so far.
Dunno what kind of coilover you are looking for. If you want the cheap ass $150 ricer springs, there is one company bringing them out. Racetech. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149943&highlight=slammed

As for REAL coilovers. HKS hypermax and Tein RA and Flex are a available. Search.

5. Hood, major lack of options here, so flat, needs something
Carbonfibrefx.com has a carbon fiber as well as fiberglass hood. I dunno what "needs something" means. You can always put some vents on, a few members have done it. Search.

6. Short Throw shifter (havent looked much here yet)
Cs has a short shifter and suprasport.com offers a very quality looking piece.

7. Tail Lights, no aftermarket here. Think I noticed the turbos got different taillights then non-turbos, is this true?
No. There are two model tails the 86.5-88 and the 89+. Do a search.

8. Alt, must have high output for all the electronics, maybe duals.
Do a search for the MR2 alternator.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115331&highlight=mr2+direct+alternator

You can also go with a rewind or the PHR ($$$). As for duals... good luck, the only place I see room is if you take out the AC compressor.

9. Electric fan, what seems to be choice?
Flexalite 220 seems to be a popular choice, but there are many others out there. IMHO the stock fan and clutch set up is best for cooling.

I'm not to good at finding stuff on the net.
BZZZ... wrong answer. You need to learn to search. Especially on this forum before you post from now on.

·
Registered
927 Posts
With that out the way, could you please assist me on the following...

1. Ebay has rear strut tower bars....You can do that or get a Cusco or Greddy one

2. Again, try ebay - Remember, an NA supra isn't exactly a vehicle to be commony modified like the turbo

3. Noone probably makes chrome ones. The only one I ever hear about is the pacesetter as it is

4. TEIN makes them, not sure who else...But they're not cheap

5. You can get CF and fiberglass ones(can't say from who though, board rules)...Or go custom

6. Ah, not sure who makes them but they do exist - Search and there'll be threads on it. Or do it the cheap SOGI way

7. 86.5 - 88 tail lights were 2 piece. 89+ were the 3 piece...No difference between turbo/non turbo. If you want covers, they can be found used, but they'll be over $250

8. There is an aftermarket one available but I can't remember where...Certain MR2 ones are higher output and will work.

9. I have a fluidyne 14", I figure it'll work fine...But Flexalite dual fans are more commonly used

Any help would be apperciated, I'm not to good at finding stuff on the net. [/B][/QUOTE]

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help people :hail: .

The type coils I am looking for are adjustable so while at shows, it can be slammed on the ground. Then adjusted up to be loaded on a trailer, or driven around. Is this whats supp to be coming out soon? If so, can you PM the details to me, or post it.

I did try searching some of this stuff on here before I got authorized, and as I said. I suck at searching the net.

·
Boostless
686 Posts
As far as the cold air goes, I believe 2kRacing makes one. It comes with the upper piping to go to the AFM and then an adapter with a lower extension piping to move the filter down towards the road.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Here's a good link for "How To's" :
http://www.supras.com/04/resources/index.php

1. e-mail this dude for parts... [email protected]
2. Gonna have to make your own, I used SS mandrel exhaust bends from JCWhitney, routed them through the front bulkhead to the grill area, and then polished them out.
3. I would just buy the Pacesetter and send it to a local chrome shop.
4. Same as 1. Also one of our members "ACROTH" has air cylinders on his car to do just as you described, I suggest you PM or e-mail him for details on his setup. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=26232
5. http://www.carbonfibrefx.com/
6. You can make these, see here: http://www.supras.com/04/resources/index.php?id=30
7.Taillights are same for Turbo & NA. The style changed in 1989 to the longer ones.
8. & 9. Search these forums on these two.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Tein FLEX and RA and HKS make coilovers for MK3, it's everywhere, don't know where u looked....
www.mvpmotorsports.com has them, u can start there
(do i get any stars for supporting the host??? =P)

Andriy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts