Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Umm this is a pretty dumb thread but please bare with me!! lol....
So im a younging and im going to start driving in a year :)
Well anyways I've always been obsesed with the supra since my dad owned a MKIII awhile back. I was just wondering where all you guys or girls learned how to tune cars and stuff because I want to one day own a supra for myself..and I want to know as much as a possibly can about the supra I guess.. :bowdown:

PS: I'm currently learning how to drive on a manual and I always seem to stall in first...=/ any advice?? haha

Sorry if this is dumb...mods could just delete if you want!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well welcome SupraTran. We all had problems learning how to drive a manual transmission. It is pretty much alot of practice. Their is no easy way outta this one.
Here is a site it may help it may not. http://www.10w40.com/individual/100186.asp

·
Registered
222 Posts
Haha, stay in school so you keep learning how to spell... No, seriously, you have to do what I am doing and research every topic here, you spend an hour or two on this site and you can learn tons of technical and mechanical information on any kind of supra. MKIV with a stock tranny and clutch setup is very easy to drive, my wife cannot drive a 5 speed at all but she could drive my 6 speed MKIV easily, it pretty much drives itself. Just keep researching topics, learn about what you want to do when you buy your sup and then spend all your time researching how you are going to do what you want. I suggest always doing it the right way everytime and do not buy cheapo stuff or take it to a shitty mechanic that thinks he knows your car, because once you start a mess, you will have to pay to get out of that mess.. Good luck when you are able to get you dream car..

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
hey man welcome, I'm in the same boat as you... I started driving like a year ago... first wiht my mom's Acura TL(automatic) and i learned to drive stick with my dad's S2000(6-spd manual) once you get used to it, its very easy afterwards.... but one thiing, dont slave yourself and try to get a supra at htis age.. lol I'm saving up for my own and will probably have one around 18-19 and then i can afford a ncie low mileage MKIV TT... anyways welcome agian, and enjoy the site..:bigthumb:

·
DFA Motorsports
1,891 Posts
Do you plan on not doing anything asides from working the next three years to afford a mkiv? I assume you make under 15k net a year at 16 if that! Even at 8 bucks a hour full time you would only make like 16.6k and you have school....factor in gas for your car now (assuming you pay for it) plus things you want to do at 16-19 your not making much....nice goal but you might have to wait longer than you thought.

·
Registered
101 Posts
tell you what i got my supra at the age of 17 its an mk3 87 turbo targa what i found that at the age of 17 and even now at the age of 18 a year and a half later that supra cost money to drive alot and they are very high maintinance parts cost alot and are often hard to come by ( for mk3) but if you have it in you go for it they are fun as hell to drive but be prepaird to pay. also get some time in the garage while you can working on your own car saves alot of money especially scince it will be in the garage often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts