Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm a newb to this forum and I just wanted to say that I love supra's. Unfortunately I do not have the money for one right now. I was looking into the sc300's instead and I have some questions about that car.

1. Are the trannies the same on automatic/manual sc300 and NA supras?
2. I want to drop an entire 2jzgte motor/6spd tranny in a couple years. if I get an sc300. Since more automatic sc300's are availabe, will it make the swap MUCH harder than on a manual sc300. (besides installing new pedals and new ECU)
4. Is OBD2 -> OBD1 a hard thing to do (I would preffer a newer sc300)
3. If there is a better sc300 community can someone tell me a good forum?

Thanks.

·
11,217 Posts
you might have better ideas from SC300 owners. www.clublexus.com

As far as your ques, I will try to answer as much as I can...

1. Supra's use W58 while SC's use W55; manual transmissions (I think)
2. Installing a 6 speed tt engine/setup would be the same I would imagine whether you are auto/manual, or very little difference since everything's apart.
3. www.clublexus.com is a good Lexus forum
4. OBDII --> OBDI is easy I heard. I'm about to do it when I get my tranny fixed. I think you just need an OBDI ECU and splice a few wires together. You also need a new MAF plug. If you are 5 speed, you can use a 5 speed/auto ECU. But if you are auto, you can only use an auto ECU.

·
TT This
917 Posts
:biggrin:
Unreal89 said:
Hi I'm a newb to this forum and I just wanted to say that I love supra's. Unfortunately I do not have the money for one right now. I was looking into the sc300's instead and I have some questions about that car.

2. I want to drop an entire 2jzgte motor/6spd tranny in a couple years. if I get an sc300. Since more automatic sc300's are availabe, will it make the swap MUCH harder than on a manual sc300. (besides installing new pedals and new ECU)

Thanks.

1,2,4,3 ?? What are you 2? :biggrin: Welcome :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for welcome. Its not good to start off with not being able to count, I messed up the order on my questions because I was in a hurry, sorry about that. I'll check out www.clublexus.com. Thanks for the answers.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Unreal89 said:

Thanks.
How about getting the car first?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts