Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I currently own a 5.0 Mustang, which is one of the easiest/cheapest cars to mod. Unfortunately, I have fallen in love with Supras (though, I still hate the huge wing, but a smaller replacement looks awesome). It is amazing how I can love cars so much, but hate them at the same time ($$$).

Anyways, my Mustang was my first car and it has been a great car (don't hate on American muscle :) ), but at this point I am looking for an upgrade. From what I have seen, I will have no luck buying a 93-98 TT Supra anywhere near KBB value. I will cope. However, I have noticed that the automatics are much closer to this reasonable level. (Which leads me to the following chain of thought:) In my car a T-5 conversion wasn't too big of a deal, easy to do (weekend) and fairly reasonable ($$$). I know nothing about stuff like this in the Supra world, SOOO I was wondering if:

An auto to T-6 (?) conversion is reasonably easy (instructions anywhere? anyone's experience with this? Anything else I should know?!?!)

And how much it costs (breakdown of part and labor if possible):

Thanks!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Buy and Auto and keep it that way, that would be your cheapest option your looking at like $5k to switch the tranny over. Your best bet if you must have a standard pay the extra couple thousand and buy one

·
Pro Formula Mazda Driver
82 Posts
It really depends on whether you end up with a TT or NA and make it a Turbo. I changed an NA to a single T-78 with a 6speed and wasn't too big of a job, just finding the parts used is basically impossible. Someone how that damn F and the F movie made the price on these things so damn expensive and the salvage yards are pretty upfront with it.

The cost different b/w the NA and Turbo are about $8000-$10K depending on condition.

You can swap out the NA engine and driveline with a single kit for just about that and end up with a 500-650 rwhp motor- which your couldn't have if you just got a stock TT.

I have a complete 5-speed driveline for sale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts