Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of buying a mk4 for a while, and the other day I found one that I'm interested in buying... however, I have to admit I don't know much about them yet... my question to the forum is this:

What are the common engine/transmission problems of the mk4? I know the mk3 has the head gasket problem, is it a problem with the mk4? What other common failures are common? I'd like to know so I can ask him specifically if he's had any of those problems (and so I dont look like a complete retard).

If someone could reply with a short list of questions you would ask if you were about to buy a '94 turbo supra, I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks!
Kevin

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if i were you i would make him take the car to a certified toyota service dept. and have them inspect the body under and over and have them do a compresion test and check everything else, it may cost you a couple hundred but better to spend a couple hundred than a couple thousand and find out its been in a accident or the engine is crap, like i did, luckily i crashed mine into a tree and got a hefty check from insurance and bought one thats cherry, well good luck!

·
3,463 Posts
Next to nothing to worry about when buying a MKIV :D

Do a compression test and see if their even across the board.

If you get a puff of smoke when you crank her in the mornings, time for some valve seals

Good luck with your search!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts