Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well im 16 years lookin for my first car, which i would like to be a supra. I want to know what is the price range of a 1988-1992 supras. manual.what kind is the cheapest(the model type like turbo and such. Since i know i don't have money for 93-98 supras i just said to myself the next best thing. heehehe well gusy thks for your help hopefully in the future i will be postin for threads on my supra if i have one :stickpoke

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
It all depends on the condition of the car, and if any mods or previous work was done... To be honest with you, at 16, unless you are mechanically inclined, I wouldnt recommend a Supra as your first car... There are too many inherant issues, like blown head gaskets, that you need to worry about...

The turbo MKIIIs are going to run you more than the non turbo, however, IF you intend to get one, go with a turbo, you can do more with it... My first Supra was an NA and I could only do so much with it, it was only so strong before I had to stop, unless I planned on dumping a ton of money into it...

Look in the "For Sale" section of the forums, you will find members selling their MKIIIs... There is a specific forum for cars... Look on eBay and see what they have, so you can get an idea of how much they are running... Just remember, Supra owners LOVE their Supras and arent willing to give them up cheap... You will get that deal now and then, but most cats want ALOT for theirs... For a good shape MKIII turbo 5 speed, pre89 look between $2500-4000 and for an 89+ look to spend $3500 and up... And dont expect perfection... Read aroud these forums, you'll see what I mean... They're works of art, but they're works in progress too...

Good luck...
Jake

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
HEY MAN..
I bought my supra when i was 17... but didnt recive it till i turned 18 ( took 7 months to import..im in AUST) and its not as buying a car from tha show room.... its got few thing to address and like Reign M said the problum with tha BHG.. which im worryed about DAY AND NIGHT as my car just rolled over 100K ..... one more thing is they arnt cheap on FUEL,,, they LOVE TO DRINK... and a guy with a part-time job and going to UNI... its hard... but OVERALL SUPRA IS MY CHILDHOOD DREAM...and i LOVE IT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts