Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I will be able to use the r154 I get with my jza70 half-cut in my 88 MKIII turbo, or is there something I need to do to it first? Just wondering if I can go ahead and sell my other one.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
yes. all R154s are the same minus the bellhousing. which you will get in your clip anyway. so sell your old one if you want.

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OneJoeZee said:
yes. all R154s are the same minus the bellhousing. which you will get in your clip anyway. so sell your old one if you want.

Good to hear!
Thanks Joe.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
as long as it's a supra half cut, all r154's are the same. otherwise, no, not all r154's are the same. i bought a soarer r154 and the tail end is different and will not work in a supra unless you do some cutting to your shifter hole.

·
Banned
341 Posts
di_rosa said:
as long as it's a supra half cut, all r154's are the same. otherwise, no, not all r154's are the same. i bought a soarer r154 and the tail end is different and will not work in a supra unless you do some cutting to your shifter hole.
Same thing happened to me. Supra R154 fit fine, but I needed to cut the shifter hole to fit the Soarer one.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
^whered you get a soarer r154 from? and why?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
heh, it was an accident. i was just looking for a regular r154. and the soarer r154's are quite popular and needed for the jza80's to use the r154 (their shifter sits further back), as well as i believe the sc300 guys, or some other car that has their shifter hole sit further back.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Ummm, I would say hold onto your current trans untill you know that the one from the Clip is in good shape.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ yep, that too. my soarer one was toast, stupid thrust washer. damn asians must drive like maniacs. realistically though, you're buying a sports car with a manual transmission, so you KNOW the previous owner(s) would have been driving the absolute shit out of it with no care as everything is dirt cheap there. i would expect many jdm tranny's not to last long if at all.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
I got lucky, my car was NA with the W58, so I did sell it months before getting the motorset, but my R154 is PERFECT, shifts smooth as hot butter, outa 3 cars its the best shifting trans I have had yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts