Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys this is going to be a pretty NEWB question but i was wondering for a stock 94 supra 5 speed, how do i tune a safc. like how much richen and stuff.
heres my setup:
xspower t61 turbo
xspower tubular manifold
xspower 3 inch down pipe
catback exhaust
40 mm wastegate
XSpower BOV
apexi safc 2
manual boost controller
mechanical boost guage
stock injectors and headgasket
stock fuel pump.

im only going to be running 5 pounds of boost for the initial setup. and i need to know how to tune the safc. i dont have a wideband and i was told thats ok at such low boost. once im boosted than i can worry about stuff to up the boost but for now i just need to know how to tune it. also i have a 12 hour drive with it from south carolina back to NJ like 2 days after the build.

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
my settings are something like

+14 on all the high throttle areas. try something like that.

No setup is the same blah blah blah., but seriously take it to a dyno.

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
you do need a WB asap. i know they are pricey and you are on low boost but you never know. plus they are cheap insurance.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Def run some sort of AF meter. You can use a narrow band gauge - it's adequate for tuning especially at low boost like you want to run. They are just a gauge, they tap into your existing 02 sensor. They are 0-1V scale and the gauges are usually in the $20-$50 range.

You can also spend some $$$ and get a wideband - at about $250. Very accurate, but probably overkill if you are on a tight budget.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts