Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard this was the best you can get, so decided to join today. Anyhow, I'm running my Supra under stock twins, BPU'd w/ 50 shots nitrous. I dyno'd 428rwhp @16psi. Now do these #'s sound about right? I've been running like this for a while now with no issues at all, but people keep telling me I should be in the 450's rwhp. Can there be a problem with my motor? I compression tested w/ flying number 165-170 across the entire board. I'm also considering on upping the boost another 2psi. Would this be a big deal?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I heard this was the best you can get, so decided to join today. Anyhow, I'm running my Supra under stock twins, BPU'd w/ 50 shots nitrous. I dyno'd 428rwhp @16psi. Now do these #'s sound about right? I've been running like this for a while now with no issues at all, but people keep telling me I should be in the 450's rwhp. Can there be a problem with my motor? I compression tested w/ flying number 165-170 across the entire board. I'm also considering on upping the boost another 2psi. Would this be a big deal?
sounds normal if you are on 91 octane. If so, upping the boost another 2 psi on the spray is a great way to keep engine rebuilders in business. I.E. don't do it - 16psi + spray is already pushing it on 91.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
91 octane it is! I guess I'll just have to stay with what I have then. I kinda hoped for 450rwhp at least. So there ain't nothing wrong with my motor right?

·
Big Things Happening Soon
1,051 Posts
wow I did 446 on stock twins on an AEM through an automatic no spray. Your numbers are low. I was at 18 lbs of boost. Compression seems right though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Intake, Greddy exhaust w/ 3" piping (no cats), disabled sequential, fuel controller, MSD Spark, 3330 plugs, BCC, FCD, and $800 wet ZEX50 kit, new piping, 4row Greddy FMIC, and just a few more other electronics, and that's about it. Lol.. Everything is done at a small garage in Arcadia, CA. All I did was pay the guy to hook up everything I bought, and that was it. Then took it to the dyno tuning shop, and tuned out 428rwhp w/spray.

·
no one likes the tuna
592 Posts
well stand alone is totally different story. you can run alot more agressive ignition and lean out the fuel map, which will give you that extra hp

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
NO KIDDING!!? So the numbers are low?.. Is it low Earl?
no, they are spot on for CA 91 (mid-high 300s without spray). You'll find that the ones who claim they're low generally have no experience with the implications of running BPU mods, 91 octane, and the stock ECU. Just be careful with the spray as you have no way to control timing and the stock ECU is very aggressive with it. FWIW, you'd probably make close to 500 with 100 octane.

·
Big Things Happening Soon
1,051 Posts
no, they are spot on for CA 91 (mid-high 300s without spray). You'll find that the ones who claim they're low generally have no experience with the implications of running BPU mods, 91 octane, and the stock ECU. Just be careful with the spray as you have no way to control timing and the stock ECU is very aggressive with it. FWIW, you'd probably make close to 500 with 100 octane.
:nono:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts