Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a few of you knew, I've been looking for an SC300 ever since TX2K5. Well, the search is over...only took a month and a half :) I just drove her back from Chicago last night (that trip SUCKS). I was a little specific on what I was looking for and here's what I found. Royal Sapphire Pearl (original color and yes, it's rare), Black/tan interior, 41K miles, no mods, full service history, clean title and zero accidents according to Carfax. There were a few things I didn't like, it's an auto (5 speeds are tough to find in this color) and tan/black instead of straight black interior. There are a grand total of 3 dings on the car, time to get a hold of the paintless dent guy. The paint will also need a little love, somebody got a little nuts with the buffer (swirl marks). It runs great and drives smooth though (a little too smooth for me!). Considering it's 8 years old, I don't think I did too bad. Now if I can just accumulate a few more parts, the swap shall begin. :bigthumb:

Pics!

Ryan

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Thats is a very nice and clean 8 yr old car, congrats.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
wow....NICE FIND!

TT AND 6 SPEED SWAP?

good luck dude... :cool:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Wow the car looks great!! Good luck with her.

G

·
Ryan23 said:
The paint will also need a little love, somebody got a little nuts with the buffer (swirl marks). It runs great and drives smooth though (a little too smooth for me!). Considering it's 8 years old, I don't think I did too bad. Now if I can just accumulate a few more parts, the swap shall begin. :bigthumb:

Ryan

someone probably brought the car to a car wash

nice color though

·
Registered
495 Posts
Did you get used to the WEIGHT of the car? It drives like a boat! :p Seriously though, with Eibach's and KYB AGX's, the steering feels very loose, and the brakes are super sensitive with the TT brake swap.

Hopefully, you'll be another SC300TT in the NE section soon ;)

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AlpineTT said:
Nah, probably only one T ;)
Well.....actually...it will be two T's....not Toyota though....HKS ;) Just need to get the manifolds/DP's sent out to be Jet hot coated.

Thanks for the compliments guys. It will be a fun little side project. Handling wise, yeah, it's pretty "floaty". As far as weight goes, believe it or not, it's only 95 LBS heavier than an auto/targa MKIV. The seats are stupidly heavy (Supra seats are lighter and bolt in as well). The hood is also steel vice aluminum (60 LBS for the SC hood). Figure on an OEM 'glass or CF hood (PAINTED) coupled with lighter seats, weight will be close. For suspension, I'm probably going to go with a set of JIC coilovers with some good wheels/rubber. I have the JIC's on my 7 and love 'em. MKIVs and SC's share the same suspension setup, so everything is swappable back and forth. Considering I have a whole wrecked MKIV here in organ donor status, It should be pretty straightforward. F&R Brakes, Master cylinder, ABS, ETC. Braking should be on par with a stock Supra. The Supra sways (or TRD's for that matter) will swap over as well. Looking it over....doesn't look too bad. The engine bays are damn near identical, the wiring harness goes through the firewall in the same spot and even the mounting bolts for the harness are in the same location. Plenty of room, although I may have to lengthen the I/C piping a bit. I also have a 6 speed diff (bolt in) and a couple other goodies. Compared to say an IS300, this looks like a piece of cake. Time will tell though ;)

Ryan

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Doh, I remember you saying something about teh HKS twins too. I just forgot about it and figured you were gonna do a single. Wow, the SC seats are heavier than the already heavy supra seats. Take them sparcos from the is and put them in there. Either way its gonna be one sexy beast. CCW 505's are one my favorites on that car after seeing SW's black SC with them on. Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

·
966 Posts
I hate you! :) That's my dream SC color -RSP. Great find and I can't wait to see what you do with her.

Hung

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AlpineTT said:
Doh, I remember you saying something about teh HKS twins too. I just forgot about it and figured you were gonna do a single. Wow, the SC seats are heavier than the already heavy supra seats. Take them sparcos from the is and put them in there. Either way its gonna be one sexy beast. CCW 505's are one my favorites on that car after seeing SW's black SC with them on. Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Mandy would kill me if I tried to take the Sparco's out of the IS :lol: I'm trying to keep it low key anyway, supra seats offer a bit of weight savings, kinda look stock, bolt in and are free (although they will probably get re-covered).

SW's SC is gorgeous but I'll have to go my own way with wheels. I had my heart set on Volk GTU's but then I saw a picture of Chris T's GTE'd SC with 'em.....damn :dunno: I dunno...I'm going to swap the Blitzs' off the 7 for inspection purposes (new tires). Maybe they'll look good enough to keep.

Ryan

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Ryan23 said:
Mandy would kill me if I tried to take the Sparco's out of the IS :lol: I'm trying to keep it low key anyway, supra seats offer a bit of weight savings, kinda look stock, bolt in and are free (although they will probably get re-covered).

SW's SC is gorgeous but I'll have to go my own way with wheels. I had my heart set on Volk GTU's but then I saw a picture of Chris T's GTE'd SC with 'em.....damn :dunno: I dunno...I'm going to swap the Blitzs' off the 7 for inspection purposes (new tires). Maybe they'll look good enough to keep.

Ryan

Yeah the blitz is different, can't quite picture it so i'd definitely wanna stop by and check it out when you put them on there. You can see if my 295's clear in the back of it too if you want. Get the 7 on teh road so we can hit the dyno and see what it puts down already. I just installed my first round of mods for my car this spring and got lots more coming later this spring.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
congrats......n good luck with the car!!

·
Low Mile ALPINE--11,000
500 Posts
good find.. A freind of mine picked up a 97 RSP sc300 4yrs ago. It looked so nice back then...Now its beat to hell..Yours looks great! I definatly wouldnt have been able to find you one like this. Good luck!

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Xi MKIV said:
good find.. A freind of mine picked up a 97 RSP sc300 4yrs ago. It looked so nice back then...Now its beat to hell..Yours looks great! I definatly wouldnt have been able to find you one like this. Good luck!
I do appreciate you looking for me though. Thanks a lot!

Ryan

1 - 20 of 38 Posts