Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

· Z06 convert
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm planning on selling my GTI late this year or early next before I'm out of warranty. My sports/weekend car is a Cayman S which I love dearly and will remain my 2nd car.

I've narrowed down my next car to a new STI or Evo X.

I've only test driven the Evo X, which was fairly decent, and can see the following pro/cons with each model so far:

Evo:

Pros:
- Sharp steering and handling
- Better styling (subjective)
- Great seats

Cons:
- Cheapish interior
- Reliability concerns?
- No pass-through trunk! Makes cargo space much less practical. Will have to get roof rack for skis in winter.

STI:

Pros:
- More comfortable ride
- More power/torque
- Slightly better gas mileage
- Better interior

Cons:
- Have heard handling/steering not quite as good as Evo
- Iffy styling, though it is growing on me (white w/ gold wheels plz)

So, for me, they're at a dead heat.

Right now, the Evo does more to put its hand down the front of my pants, but the STI seems a bit more refined/practical.

I'd love to hear from anyone with personal experience on either car. Or both.

· Registered
1,870 Posts
I saw an STI on the way to work with wheels and suspension. Man, I love it.
If I would of pick a car for my daily, I would go for new STI over EVO X.

· Registered
3,296 Posts

· 2JZ swapped!
1,305 Posts
I have lots of experience with both cars, I put a few thousand miles on an Evo X. Havent driven the sti as much. I'd get the Evo X over the Sti any day.

· Registered
467 Posts
Honestly, in socal, theres a famous dealership called South Coast Mitsubishi where they give you awesome deals.
Theres about 901283901839021 of sti's at South Coast Mitsubishi now since the STI owners traded it in for either Evo X or evo 8/9.

And also Evo X because we have a better community than STI owners ;)
I own an evo ix btw l o l.

· RoastBeefCurtain Commando
8,910 Posts
between the two Evo all the way. As said above with exhaust work and more boost and a flash these cars are making 350whp all day long.

Supposedly they are running 0% too, which i dont think you will find on any turbo Subies. I looked when I looked at an 09 WRX and their were no deals to be had other then paying Invoice on the car.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.