·
...pop the hood!
932 Posts
was hoping for a bit more

but after the zupr4...nothing will ever be a bigger disappointment

·
Registered
468 Posts
My main gripes; 350Z mirrors, 350Z AC vents, headlights (more the oval halos). Car looks good in other colors, not sure why they went with neon yellow for their unveiling, or doing it during playoff NBA and NHL games. More tear drop design on the mirrors, and more circular head lights, would have helped a lot. Didn't really like the front end at all, but it's still concept, so might change.
AC vents. Come. On.
It's like Toyota using that 80s clock in the IS-F. UPDATE IT.

That being said, it looks great in different colors. Black and carbon fiber looks really good. Lot of different edits floating around out there. Here is one with it mostly stock but lowered, wheels, etc.
400Z shop.jpg

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Love the interior! Exterior is okay, but ya front bumper needs to change and I prefer same color for A pillar and roof. It is just their prototype, hopefully with the feedback they get they tweak it and it'll be a hit! Overall, good job Nissan.

·
JetFire
5,371 Posts
Doesn't look too bad, the 6MT TTV6 is what excites me. Wonder what Toyota will do now if anything.

Reactions: jdm-rhd

·
...pop the hood!
932 Posts
My main gripes; 350Z mirrors, 350Z AC vents, headlights (more the oval halos). Car looks good in other colors, not sure why they went with neon yellow for their unveiling, or doing it during playoff NBA and NHL games. More tear drop design on the mirrors, and more circular head lights, would have helped a lot. Didn't really like the front end at all, but it's still concept, so might change.
AC vents. Come. On.
It's like Toyota using that 80s clock in the IS-F. UPDATE IT....

that was on purpose...i thought those earlier videos showed they were paying homage to all the previous z cars. there is a little bit of all of them in this one.

also, the more i look at it i notice they were going for a subtle look...no harsh lines, weird shapes or fake vents. that is why it may not look as exciting as most hoped. im thinking the aftermarket will add a lot more options aesthetically.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I still like it. It's simple, powerful enough, updated lines and pays homage to it's predecessors.

And oh..... Manualllllllll!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: jdm-rhd

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
285 Posts
I'd prefer the front more 280z and less 370z.
But nevertheless it offers a manual, asthetics can be changed.

Overall looks good.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It looks like the new Z isn't coming to Europe.

·
turbo....................
1,055 Posts
looks ugly, but that v6 twinturbo tho(y)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wasn't a fan when watching the live stream. Why go with that yellow?!? It hid a lot of the lines/details of the exterior with the lighting they had in the room. The front bumper looked flat with a rectangle grill. However, once I saw photos and the promo video of what it actually looked like it did catch my interest and the front bumper is more aggressive and pointy than it looks from certain angles (pic below). I still think the front bumper could be tweaked a bit but honestly they didn't go crazy with the design and made a modern Z which was their goal. They could've gone crazy and added 8+ fake vents to make it "look" like it was an extreme aerodynamic car. Just hoping they price it right and give it a few final touches before production.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The live stream was kind of boring, but kind of funny too. More than a few awkward moments from the presenters lol. Every once in awhile you'd see somebody going a little crazy in the tvs behind them too, then get taken off lol.

Overall I am happy with what Nissan has come up with and have hope they will be able to fix a few of the remaining rough edges before production comes (if they don't fix that front bumper than the aftermarket surely will).

·
Registered
541 Posts
true that

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

221 - 240 of 244 Posts