Supra Forums banner

241 - 260 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
The live stream was kind of boring, but kind of funny too. More than a few awkward moments from the presenters lol. Every once in awhile you'd see somebody going a little crazy in the tvs behind them too, then get taken off lol.
I think that not having a live audience also made it hard. It must've been awkward for the presenters, too.

·
...pop the hood!
1,008 Posts
I think that not having a live audience also made it hard. It must've been awkward for the presenters, too.
it was quite...too quite.
almost as quite as when the now infamous phrase "its lit" was uttered...

·
JetFire
5,414 Posts
Retro style, v6TT, made in Japan, MANUAL gearbox, no fake vents, not by ze Germans. Thank you Nissan. I guess I will finally own a Z car.
I had a Hardtop Z32 5spd NA, fun car. I'm not ruling out this new Z would make a nice garage mate for the Supra.

Reactions: jdm-rhd

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Wondering what they will be doing to the underbody, a rear end that slopes down like that needs room for some serious rear diffusers a spoiler option so there isn't aero lift on the rear.

·
...pop the hood!
1,008 Posts
i had a white 350z at one time...it was a fun little car. waiting to see the engine details, final aesthetic tweaks and price on the new z.

so far I'm 75% on board with the 400z. since the long wait for a real mkv didn't pan out, the money i saved up for it may go to nissan and a new shop.

·
...pop the hood!
1,008 Posts

·
JetFire
5,414 Posts
^^^ I don't think it looks that bad as is. I'm sure the aftermarket will be all over it with body options.

Reactions: jdm-rhd

·
Registered
656 Posts
I really like the last two renders, behind and over head. From the side, it looks very dated. I am not a fan of the front on view.
I spent a good 30-40 minutes today looking at a 300ZX, 370Z, and G35 side by side. I have always loved the G35, the styling and lines are classic. The 300ZX is nice, it's smaller, but dated. I like the lower roofline and sleek body. It feels very 90s future. That's probably why I am mixed on the 400Z. The tail lights are nice, but feel dated also. The side looks (is) 20 years old. Until I see one in the flesh, I don't like the front end and headlights from the photos.
Been driving a Q50 around and know that even in a gimped auto the car will move. My brother has a tuned Q60 with down pipes and exhaust and it's a great car to drive around. A similarly modded Zupra will be faster, but they cost 2-3x as much. The Q60 has the electronic steering, but you can adjust it. I think doing a manual swap in one might be the ticket. I love the interior, it's a comfortable coupe, the engine is the same, and Nissan/Infiniti is basically giving them away right now.

·
...pop the hood!
1,008 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Those headlights and bumper are killing me. UPDATE THE MIRRORS!
initially I wasn't a fan either, but the bumper/grill became an easier pill to swallow when I realized it was a throw back to a 240Z with bumper delete. Headlights never bugged me but they're also a little bit of a throwback to shape 240Z headlight covers, idk if that was an oem piece or aftermarket, but its clearly what inspired the design.

what do you not like about the mirrors?

241 - 260 of 294 Posts