Supra Forums banner

261 - 280 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mirrors are almost 20 years old now. Same design they used on the 350Z. The Q60 mirrors look good, use a variant of them.
The headlights don't match the bumper. I get the grill design, but the sides of the bumper and lights don't match up. Looks like a cheap bodykit, which is ironic, because that will probably make it look a lot better.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Mirrors are almost 20 years old now. Same design they used on the 350Z. The Q60 mirrors look good, use a variant of them.
The headlights don't match the bumper. I get the grill design, but the sides of the bumper and lights don't match up. Looks like a cheap bodykit, which is ironic, because that will probably make it look a lot better.
they're similar to the 350Z but they are updated from that. idk in my opinion a very minor issue. I'm much more concerned with if it'll get a real steering rack or the steer by wire systems all the Infiniti's have now.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The tunable steering rack isn't that bad, but I'd expect a manual rack for this chassis if they are going with a six speed manual.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I dig it. Looks really cool.

and definitely cooler than the Z4poopra.

Were any parts of the drivetrain/body borrowed from any other manufacturer, or is this mostly japanese?

Asking for a friend. :cool:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
No more numbers? People think it's just going to be called Z.

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,601 Posts
Z is pretty synonymous with the Z-car lineage 240, 260. etc, so it may come to that. Of couse, this could also not be a final car.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
RIP Zupra and some of the the 86/BRZ sales if that $35k base price is true. Many wanted a more powerful 86, so Toyota said the big brother Zupra was the solution but you have to pay an additional $20k+, wrong move Toyota.
No kidding!!!! The whole point of this Toyota/BMW fiasco was to cut down on costs for a new niche vehicle. If Nissan is able to get close to that price predication, then Toyota really F'ed up more than originally thought! What a complete disaster for them! Forsaking their heritage and pride for what.....an overpriced ill received Zupra. Fore shame Toyota!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
^ That and lets not forget the Z has a manual option. This could be the MKV Supra everyone was asking for in a modern Datsun 240Z front / modern 300zx rear body, the last JDM car of its kind.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Zupra was DOA!
It sold ok at 1st and is on track to surpass A80's sales. However, if BimYota wants to stay in the game they need to:

Make a manaul version.
Drop that silly 4 banger.
Bring back the B58C as a base model.
Cut prices accordingly.
Take away those fugly fake vents and huge BMW mirrors.
Did I say manaul?

261 - 280 of 294 Posts