Supra Forums banner

281 - 294 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
It sold ok at 1st and is on track to surpass A80's sales. However, if BimYota wants to stay in the game they need to:

Make a manaul version.
Drop that silly 4 banger.
Bring back the B58C as a base model.
Cut prices accordingly.
Take away those fugly fake vents and huge BMW mirrors.
Did I say manaul?

Sales aside (which have not met their internal estimates from what I understand) there's so many issues with that car it's not even funny. Issues like fake/paid Youtube test drives trying to drive up excitement. Issues with engines going into limp mode. Issues launching. Issues with SEVERE wind buffeting inside the cabin with the windows open. The list goes on. I stopped paying attention when they decided it was a good idea to race it against the Oscar Myer wiener mobile. My Toyota fanboy status got killed that day.

Toyota's reasons (excuses) for doing what they did with this car is fast going out the window if Nissan is able to achieve what we're reading above. A manual gearbox and more hp won't save the Zupra sadly. Just my 2 cents.

Back on topic..........GO NISSAN GO!!!!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Sales aside (which have not met their internal estimates from what I understand) there's so many issues with that car it's not even funny. Issues like fake/paid Youtube test drives trying to drive up excitement. Issues with engines going into limp mode. Issues launching. Issues with SEVERE wind buffeting inside the cabin with the windows open. The list goes on. I stopped paying attention when they decided it was a good idea to race it against the Oscar Myer wiener mobile. My Toyota fanboy status got killed that day.

Toyota's reasons (excuses) for doing what they did with this car is fast going out the window if Nissan is able to achieve what we're reading above. A manual gearbox and more hp won't save the Zupra sadly. Just my 2 cents.

Back on topic..........GO NISSAN GO!!!!!
Idk, they never publicly said anything about sales goal iirc.

Right they need to address all of the complaints. Some however, really can't be fixed such as banging your head everytime you get in and out of those ugly POS.

Yup. No more Zupra talk :p

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm excited to see what the aftermarket has in store.

I want one of these now!!!! lol. it is really really nice.

It definitely brings back a few memories of my Dad picking my brother and me in a black 280zx from grade school back in the day.

I simply can't wait for the real release and the aftermarket support this car is going to have.

Really cool.

Rishi

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,601 Posts
lol @ covering the badge. As if!

Reactions: jdm-rhd

·
Super Moderator
10,649 Posts
One would have thought that Toyota had learned its lesson when the Z32TT leap frogged the MKIII Supra, and virtually every other vehicle within $20k north of its MSRP. This car is much truer to the Z-car legacy than the MKV to the Supra legacy, most importantly in the area of corporate DNA.

When you couple the above with a 6MT, 400, apparently, very tunable horsepower, light weight and very competitive pricing, it looks like Nissan, a company under severe financial distress, has a winner on its hands.

Throughout all of its financial woes, it has done what the richest car company in the world could not, or more likely, would not, do in developing the MKV. You just know the Z's chief engineer and development team were a most passionate group, shepherding a sports car (!) through what had to be numerous roadblocks on the journey to what should, ultimately, be a real success story.

Would that Toyota had adopted the same approach to the MKV, and that the lessons that should have been learned in 1990 would have been applied 30-years later in 2020.

Ken.

·
...pop the hood!
1,003 Posts
yup...sad days when most on this forum would rather have a new Z or corvette over the lastest "supra"

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,601 Posts
One would have thought that Toyota had learned its lesson when the Z32TT leap frogged the MKIII Supra, and virtually every other vehicle within $20k north of its MSRP.

With that historical reference, part of me is now thinking that maybe Nissan will double down and repeat what they did with the Z32. That is to say, provide so much performance that the humble Z, is again punching above its weight.

I believe if that blue one, which I think is just a random artist interpretation, came out as a NISMO L-Spec car (L for legacy) that it would knock the socks off the general public, and regular non-car people would turn this in to a huge success. One thing I've noticed with non-car people, is that they are VERY fond of the Z-cars lineage from the 240Z to the 280ZX, even the "dreaded" 2+2s. Many stories of them doting over those cars. There are three cars that come to mind for the general public and their affection for cars and the stories they carry, which are the air-cooled VWs, 60s B-body Chevrolets (Impalas), and the Z-cars. Oh, and on top of the general public, look at how well received it is here.

281 - 294 of 294 Posts