Supra Forums banner

301 - 314 of 314 Posts

·
...pop the hood!
1,128 Posts
the funny thing is i'm needing to pick up a new dd soon. my x-runner has almost 240k miles. my commute is going from 10-25 mins (depending on store location im working at) to over an hour. now gas prices are continuing to skyrocket.

i was trying to be responsible and get an economical suv or possibly a hybrid. having a hard time doing that. started looking at a trd corolla and wrx's...something with 4 doors so can carry stuff.

this z keeps throwing a monkey wrench in my adult planning. if it ends up going for 35k like what's being reported, i may just get one to dd and drive the xr when i need to transport stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So do you guys think the Z is worth waiting for? I'm ready to get a new car now and had been eyeing the Scat Pack for quite awhile. Most likely the 1320 or WB trim. I know it isn't the best time to buy a car, but trade in values are outstanding at the moment and I found a guy that could order me a Challenger or mach 1 for 2% under invoice. I didn't think that sounded bad, but he does want a 1k non-refundable deposit and said it would be about 8 weeks for the SP or at least 12 weeks for the mach. The way I built them they came out about the same (around 53k) for a nearly loaded 1320 or a mach 1 premium with just auto and upgraded audio. I know the Z should be a lot less, but I do have close to 20k in trade equity so not a huge deal. I know the Challenger is using a heavy aging platform, but all the bugs have been worked out and they can be quick with good tires and some minor mods. I love the old school look and colors they offer as well as the sound of that big V8. The Z will be a lot easier to get more power out of and much better mileage, but I don't like the styling as much (especially the front end) and you never know what issues a new model will have the first year or two and when they will even be available without a markup to start.

·
Super Moderator
10,709 Posts
Reactions: supra_1993

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
supra_1993,

I just read another article this morning that said the Z could have as much as 444 hp at release. Any more info on this topic?

Ken.
Hi Ken, those are just the gaming specs.

The guy with all the goodies is saying 400hp and a dry weight of 3,252lbs.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Sweet! Getting curious now about the Nismo version too! Nothing but good times coming for Nissan fans. Same s#$t for us here in Toytota town though! :LOL:

·
...pop the hood!
1,128 Posts
while the extras added to the nismo look cool...im hoping they learned a lesson from toyotas mis-step and make those vents functional.

also the red accents are a bit much for my tastes... hopefully that will get toned down.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

Thanks for the Nismo update! I hope the article is incorrect though with the 405hp number. Kind of hoping it had more. Also, I was never a fan of the GT-R, but got to say that R36 rendering looks pretty good. Like I said, good times coming for Nissan fans!

301 - 314 of 314 Posts