Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what should i do next for more hp/fun driving?

The car is a 93 auto jdm supra.
Mods so far:
FMIC
Decat
HKS Super dragger
K&N airfilter
TTC mode
Walbro 255lph
hks evc
MAP ECU( no harness yet but will fix it if needed)
I'm thinking of geting euro intake camshaft, 550cc injectors, something to control the fuel and maybe in the future go with usdm turbos.
So what do u think guys? Am I on the right way or should I do something else?
Going single is not an option.

thx

·
Super Moderator
11,560 Posts
You're on the right track with the export spec intake cam and 550cc injectors. Past that, it's time for a small single turbo, not USDM twins :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
USDM twins or hybrids with the 550s you mentioned. I would go for 268 cams if you can swing it. They will idle like stock so they will be sneaky. With all that you should be over 400whp easy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm running Titan 264 on my setup almost the Exact same other then 6 speed jspec.

My next would be good BOV if you don't have( not listed) , or if you have Jspec 2 pot brakes go for upgraded 4 pot or aftermarket bigger brake kit. Your car is great going fast 0-60 but just as important is 60-0.

things that make jspec "weaker" are Brakes, Cams, fueling , Turbo/wastegate. All things that should be done at some point with us/uk/euro spec or better after market parts its just the order to do them and some you see HP some just overall strengthen the car. my 2 cents.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i got the brakes uppgrader 3 months ago with uk calipers, new discs, ss lines, hawk pads and motul brake flouid. Now its time to upgrade performane a bit, i have a good deal on the intake camshaft so i will probably go with that. How about the tranny? I saw that a cooler is a good thing, been trying to find a diy but no luck...

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
Don't forget the fact that you'll actually need to integrate a injector resistor pack to be able to run the low impedance USDM 550 injectors, not exactly that simple of a bolt on mod. Also I didn't see anyone mention the USDM cams...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't forget the fact that you'll actually need to integrate a injector resistor pack to be able to run the low impedance USDM 550 injectors, not exactly that simple of a bolt on mod. Also I didn't see anyone mention the USDM cams...
we mentioned the euro intake cam. been thinking about it and it feels like a good idea to get 264/264 cams. So mutch work for a little gain with the USDM cams. How hard is it to integrate the resistor pack?

·
Registered
53 Posts
How much can the JDM twins be pushed safely without blowing any second?

I've seen some in the 400rwhp range at 18psi, but how safe is it.
I run my Supra at 18psi on the stock twins and haven't had a problem, I don't use TTC either. Haven't put it on the dyno so I couldn't tell you numbers, but that would be the max you would want to run through them.

In regards to highflow there is a shop who a few of the Aussie guys are using. It's only been the last 6 months people have started to get it done, so we are still awaiting numbers these cars are putting out.

Here is the site, with the link to highflowing the CT20s http://www.munroracingturbochargers.com.au/performance.2jzct20.html

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
that's an awesome alternative instead of going single!
I may want to send my twins to that place this winter.

Read on the aus forum some guy is doing just over 450rwhp on 21psi on the stock high flow twins.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
me 2:) 450 rwhp is nice power!
on second thought,

probably not ;)

I would rather spend the extra couple grand and go single turbo. I can drive around with a 100mm single turbo and won't be bothered by cops.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts