Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been on the waiting list for the Texans season ticket list for about a year or so and this year I got "randomly" selected to be a season ticket holder. Are they worth it? I wont be going to all the games, how hard are the other tickets to sell? Is it easy to make money on the tickets and parking pass? Also, they ran out of tickets in the lower levels of the stadium. Is it worth it to get the higher levels? I have been to a bunch of games before and it was either in the lower level or club seats that were given to me by my company. Are the nosebleed seats worthwhile to get?

·
Slightbreach of Etiquette
429 Posts
I can't speak for Texas but (and this may change after last season, but probably not by too much) I have a few friends with season tickets to the Seahawks and there's always takers for games (whether selling or need someone to go with) based on the fact that the non-season ticket seats are so rare. The only way to move down and over to the center is to have tickets for multiple years. I don't know about your stadium but even the top rows in QWEST are good seats. And loud as hell!

·
Registered
194 Posts
In 23 years I should be at the front of the line for Redskins tickets. I'll let you know how they are when I get them.

Seriously though almost all the tickets I buy off eBay are season tickets for a game in which the owner can't make it. There's always takers unless you like the Lions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't say anything about the Texans but Panthers tickets are very easy to sell to apposing fans or even Panthers fans. Some of the people in my office have PSLs and they sold their tickets for the AZ vs. Car play-off game for almost $300 a piece. And face value or face +20 for pre and regular season. They actually did away with the law that makes it illegal to sell tickets for 3 over face value. There are ways around a scalping law if it is still illegal in your state. I just talked to one of my co-workers and he says that people will make an ad that's like a growl towel (given at the door) plus 2 free tickets for lets say $160 bucks. Every NFL team has a forum you can join and try to dump your tickets off and there will be takers. Craigslist is also a good way of sellling tickets also. Upper level is sometimes worth it, just depends on the stadium. I've never been to the Texan's stadium but in B of A stadium, it's so well designed there really isn't a bad seat in the house. Texans might actually be pretty good this year, so you might have luck dumping them off if you can't/don't want to make a game.

The play-off system here works, if they are pretty much going to make the play-offs they make you buy the tickets or you lose PSL rights for next season. If you pay and they fail to make the play-offs though they give you back your money or apply it to next year. If you opt out of buying play-off tickets you can still buy the play-off tickets on that years PSL but they charge a 15% fee.

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I scheduled a time to go down to the stadium to look over what seats I wanted. The sales rep confirmed that the way all the new stadiums are designed, you will have a good view of the game. And if I am a season holder for a couple of years, I could be moved down to the lower levels and a discount a PSL whenever those come up. Meaning I have first crack at any event they have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts