Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do NGK 3333's usually last in a Supra? I am just wondering because I know they are made of copper. I've been told they last about 5-7K miles. Any input would be appreciated.

DakaDan

·
Supra Addict Since 1984
362 Posts
I've been told to replace bpu plugs (like 3330's) with every oil change.

BTW - Guilly turned me onto another plug. I found it a bit hard to believe at first, but several of my friends and I have tried them and they are great! AC Delco (AutoLite) non-rapid fire plugs for the Supra. They're a buck each and do a great job. Guilly knows his stuff.

John
www.utahracing.com/supras/john.html

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: Re: NGK 3333 Spark Plug ???

RSP TRD TT said:
I've been told to replace bpu plugs (like 3330's) with every oil change.

BTW - Guilly turned me onto another plug. I found it a bit hard to believe at first, but several of my friends and I have tried them and they are great! AC Delco (AutoLite) non-rapid fire plugs for the Supra. They're a buck each and do a great job. Guilly knows his stuff.

John
www.utahracing.com/supras/john.html
John,

Do you have the part number for the AC Delco
plugs and the gap you use?

Thanks,

Marlon

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Re: Re: Re: NGK 3333 Spark Plug ???

ditto ??????
sleeper said:

John,

Do you have the part number for the AC Delco
plugs and the gap you use?

Thanks,

Marlon

·
462 Posts
I've tried the 3330's and 6097's. The 6097's were smoother, but I think they are missing at high boost...only 2K miles on them now. They seemed fine at first though. Gapped at .0315.

Please post the part numbers for the autolight plugs!!! I'll try them next!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just came back from Kragens, the AutoLite copper core resistor plug for the Supra Turbo is #3923. They are $0.99 each. I told the counter person that I wanted them and he went semi-ballistic. "Uh uh no ways I'm giving you those cheap plugs!", he said. He tried so sell me the platinum ones instead.

Check them out at the AutoLite site:

http://www.autolite.com/catalog/index.html

Check out the bottom of the page for additional info on plug types, numbering system, torque specs. ...etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts