Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
normally I use a 17mm socket to screw in my Iridium spark plugs, but since I accidently spewed coolant all over my spark galley, got flooded (already mentioned that in my other thread) anyways got that cleaned up and reused the same sparks.. engine ran fine but got denonation after 8 psi or any higher i was running lean!! so I figured if I could just buy spark plugs and replace it just to see..

been driving like that for 300 miles (drove from okla city to waco) 5 hours south, removed the sparks. i noticed number 3,4,5 was still little wet and damp not soaking wet but just slightly wet, i was kinda puzzled. so I ran compression test. all of the cylinders showed up good. needle jumped to 90-120 on first push then raised to 150. on all cylinders. they were all the same. so i figured compression was good none of them were leakin so. I tried to screw in the NGK's I couldnt find any sockets that will fit because the "nut" on the spark plug was very close to the circle on the head. seems like I need a really thin socket.. is there a special socket I could use to screw in the NGK's let me know so I can go and buy one.. and I cant wait to test the motor again after installing new sparks and see how it runs .

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Never had any issues using a Snap-On socket, but I don't remember there being anything that would cause interference on a typical Craftsman socket either.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had the same problem when i went to put in my NGK plugs. I have a 88 Turbo soo i got the turbo plugs but it turns out the nut for those is too big to fit through there. I went back to the place where I got them and told them. Turns out that only the non-turbo sparks fit in there. Its the same spark plug just with a different size nut. Hope that helps u :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts