Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rb30dett said:
i think the nhra will hold round 3 of qualify on sunday
u are right, the third and final qualifying session has been rescheduled for today at 10 a.m.

I hope Justin Humphries gets his GS qualified for modified, along with Paul Efantis who didnt make a pass last night either....

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
(W) Brad Personett (Titan Mail Order '04 Celica)0.156 6.592 216.86
(L) Ara Arslanian (Bullish Racing '02Solara) 0.095 6.741 204.68

What a drag race! Ara lead this race till the halfway point, Personett's Titan Mail Order Celica ran the biggest speed in history to drive past him. At the stripe Brad Personett's MOV: 0.0885 seconds (approximately 27 feet).

·
Registered
111 Posts
the track sucked it seems

like 4 cars have crached so far

TiTans and Scrantons
and the other new pro celica
and a datsun 1200

·
Banned
168 Posts
kabooski said:
the track sucked it seems

like 4 cars have crached so far

TiTans and Scrantons
and the other new pro celica
and a datsun 1200
That was not the Titan celica that crashed. It was the TNT car which is a modified class. That was a real bad crash. There where like 5 crashes this weekend. The track conditions where horrible at best. I could not believe after so many crashes they still did not shut down and do a good prep on the track.

Best race was Justin H vs Paul E. Sick race.

·
Registered
109 Posts
MADMKIV said:
People always crash or spin out at moroso... they should change it too Orlando Speedway
Orlando speedword is just as bad as Moroso!!! They should have it at Bradenton or Gainesville as those are the best tracks in Florida...

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Laser90 said:
the sickest run all weekend was Paul vs Justin side by side 7.37s
it was crazy
I hope there is a video of that soon....I cant wait to see that...

who woulda thunk a 4 door Lexus GS body would run that fast?!?! :eek:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Justing and Paul side by side......AWESOME RACE......That race made the weekend.....What was otherwise a shitty event, lots of crashes/oil downs and then waiting waiting waiting, was all worth it after seeing that race......Justin had him too.......The car nosed over mid-way through fifth and paul was able to get by about 30 feet from the finish....AMAZING Run....

btw the GS went even faster in testing on Friday :)......

Next up...NOPI in MD....then Viva Las Vegas(lost wages :) )

Dan

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
Just gonna copy and paste this from the thread in the FL forum

Just got back to Tampa after a long 3 days. Well it was a good weekend. Matt got to the finals so we were extremely happy to start off the season almost as well as it finished last year. Matt is now 2nd in points and if it goes this well all season then things will be looking good to defend the championship with success.

On another note, Today in the 2nd round of eleminations Tirso had Papadakis. Steph shook the tires hard at the line and shut down, Tirso got out of the groove just before half track and the car ended up jerking sideways across the lane and going onto the roof at about 160mph. Fortunately the car never slammed into the wall or anything with the nose barely grazing it while upside down. Tirso still had the frame of mind to go ahead and flip all the switches off while sliding on the roof and through the traps to a 7.92. Fortunately Tirso came out 100% fine without any problems. It was definitely scary to be standing on the line and watching a good friend and team mate flip the car at those kind of speeds. The car can always be fixed and will be back out on the track within 2-3 weeks more then likely.

All in all it was a good weekend considering Matt is off to a great start and Tirso is alive and well.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
The event was good, but I am used to Englishtown so it left something to be desired. I love seeing great side by side passes like Justin vs. Paul.. now that was racing! I however don't like to see wrecks which IMO there were too many of at this event. I saw more wrecks in one day here at Moroso than I have in a handful of events I have been to at Englishtown. I don't think that it is right that they don't do a good track prep, and that in turn puts the drivers at risk. I am glad that all the drivers were unharmed in all of the wrecks, but dissappointed that we didnt get more door to door racing. I haven't been to the other tracks in FL, but if there are some more that are better prepped I think the event should take place there. Overall though, it was a good weekend, b/c racing is always gonna be exciting and a good time! I guess for now I will have to wait to see some more live action like this until I fly back up to NJ for Summer Slam! I will have to catch it on ESPN until that time.

Best of luck to all of the teams/drivers this season... the opener was a bit rough on a few of the teams, but hopefully that turns around and we smash some records this season!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Moroso sucks just like Orlando spin world....they will not invest in the equipment or the personnel to ensure the track is prep right no matter how big the event is.

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
Here's a pic from Urban Racer of Tirso's crash in progress. The purpose of this pic is not to show Tirso's crash (as its a shitty view) but to show how narrow the groove is and that Moroso does not prep wall to wall like they should for such an event. I mean look at all that clean gray concrete in the middle and on the sides. Do they actually expect the drivers to feel safe going down that track?

·
Registered
350 Posts
suprahead said:
Here's a pic from Urban Racer of Tirso's crash in progress. The purpose of this pic is not to show Tirso's crash (as its a shitty view) but to show how narrow the groove is and that Moroso does not prep wall to wall like they should for such an event. I mean look at all that clean gray concrete in the middle and on the sides. Do they actually expect the drivers to feel safe going down that track?

http://www.urbanracer.com/gallery/gallery/event_coverage/nhra/2005/nhra_bfgo
odrich_tires_sport_compact_nationals_4-2-05/0318.jpg

And that grey area you noted is where most cars that weekend got loose or wrecked......Historically they have never preped those parts of the track so effectively when you run at Moroso you are running on a much norrow track.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts