Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Damn, talk about parastitic loss! 900hp just to spin the blower. That's awesome! I get 915hp/L. Eat that Honda! ;)

James

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I watch it on espn2, but I've never been to one yet. From what I've heard it is the loudest noise you can ever hear.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have seen a top fuel dragster at a big street legal car event drag, but there was a top fuel dragster that did a 200 yard run or so, DAMN that thing was LOUD, you had to cover your ears. I took my hands off my ears for 1/4 of a sec and damn that hurt...

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
If you guys have never seen these things in person.. you soooo need to. Its an experience to *feelz* the cars going down the 1320.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Alan:

Isn't the big grand-daddy NHRA event at IRP in August? I think I should go there to see the rails to experience them 1st hand.

Regards,
James R

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Supra GTR said:
Alan:

Isn't the big grand-daddy NHRA event at IRP in August? I think I should go there to see the rails to experience them 1st hand.

Regards,
James R
That is correct. Last year we werre treated to suite passes with Vandergriff and his family. That was killer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's awesome to see live.

Another tidbit of info:
NHRA cars use fuelsoak to keep engine temps down. These beasts use only ~5.5-6.0 gallons on the actual run, and the other 17 or so gallons on the burnout and sitting/staging before the run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts