Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Nice Guys finish last" My unfortunate ending with larry McNeil and Innovations...

I've already spoken on the subject of Larry and his business dealings but let this be a warning to those who got stuck in the same scenario as I have with him. There's an old saying which i'm sure many of you have heard. It goes a little something like this, "nice guys finish last.'' Unfortunately, I found that out today from Larry. Without getting long winded on this, beaten to death, topic i'll get right to the point. After repated attempts to get ahold of Larry I was unsuccessful, as I hoped to get ahold of him because of hearing of him leaving the country. I always gave the Larry the benefit of the doubt even in knowing of him taking advantage of me, I offered him the opportunity to make things right man to man like a gentleman. Well over $50,000 later trying to salvage something from what was taken from me I tried getting ahold of Larry one last time with no luck, what a suprise ? Fast forward to today I get a call from Nero down at Titan who was gracious enough to pick up my Supra for me from the wrecking yard as they had placed a lein on the car for services and storage rendered. Thanks Larry for leaving my car for the birds instead of offering to take it to a safer place on your dime. I figured I could have counted on you to atleast offer to get the car removed and stored in a safe location after all I've been through right ? Wrong. I would think that after reading my story most people would attest to the fact that I have been pretty patient and pretty forgiving. Well, everyone has their breaking point and today I had mine. I made it CRYSTAL CLEAR to Larry that he needs to pick up the phone and let me know the what the future holds and what I need to do to get my car back. His wife frequents the forum and i'm sure she will jump in here at some point. And i'll be frank and up front some of what she says will be 100% true, other stuff im sure will get distorted making its way to the forum but hey ? whats a guy to do with no answers and zero communication with someone who has done you wrong ? Well I rattled his cage a little bit and the only severance i get is a restraining order against me preventing me from any further contact with him and no hope of ever recovering any of my losses. Where is the justice in this world ? How cowardly can you be ? Thats a rediculous way to run away from a problem and you know what its the guy who does the harm who will be protected by the law. Like I said, where is the justice in this world ? The guy who gets screwed is the one to face the music I guess right ? Sounds fair to me. All of those who have been kind enough to help me through this mess I truly appreciate all you have done for me but, at this point, keeping my future in mind, I have to ask that any future contact you may have with Larry on my behalf be cut off as i'd like to steer clear of the authorities. Unfortunately, this restraining order will follow me wherever I go and I sincerely hope it will not have any damper on my future or career. Burglar breaks into a home and sues the homeowner for hurting himself and wins hmmm, sounds familiar. Just a warning to any of you trying to recover and get back from Larry what was taken, be very careful you may just have a court ordered restraining order sitting in your mail box one day. "Nice guys finish last." Oh how true it is !

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Without knowing the entire story its tough to pass judgment, but you should be in contact with an attorney if you haven't been already.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Read the other thread on him that is stickied. Long story short, very reputable mechanic got caught up in the booger sugar, neglected customers and their cars and any other sort of obligations to his family and business, while his wife remains on the boards offering no help to those who've been screwed.

·
Banned
566 Posts
Man, who hasnt he screwed over? I heard from a few of my S. Florida friends that he was even BRAGGING about getting over on people just like you, Mike. It is incomprehensible how big of a thief this guy is, I mean seriously, how could you do shit like this to customers regardless of how they much they have spent.

Are you pursuing legal action?

If you ever need a REAL shop that is right in your backyard so to speak, drop me a line. We actually complete our jobs in a timely manner without ripping our customers off, crazy isnt it?

Good luck man, you must be very civilized, I know some of our jersey customers would have already resorted to homicide over those dollar amounts. Sincerely, best of luck in any attempts to regain money from this dick, or at least make his life worse than it already is, if thats even possible.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
i know a couple of those jersey customers too..:angel:

Man, who hasnt he screwed over? I heard from a few of my S. Florida friends that he was even BRAGGING about getting over on people just like you, Mike. It is incomprehensible how big of a thief this guy is, I mean seriously, how could you do shit like this to customers regardless of how they much they have spent.

Are you pursuing legal action?

If you ever need a REAL shop that is right in your backyard so to speak, drop me a line. We actually complete our jobs in a timely manner without ripping our customers off, crazy isnt it?

Good luck man, you must be very civilized, I know some of our jersey customers would have already resorted to homicide over those dollar amounts. Sincerely, best of luck in any attempts to regain money from this dick, or at least make his life worse than it already is, if thats even possible.

[email protected]

·
The white guy
55 Posts
Without knowing the entire story its tough to pass judgment, but you should be in contact with an attorney if you haven't been already.
I agree here, send him a certified/return letter outlining your concerns and get yourself an attorney.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Mike, your one of the nicest truest guys i know. Its a shame that this happened to you and lasted so long. I hope everything works out for you. Im glad you still keep a positive outlook on everything. It will work out in the end man. See you soon.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the support guys. I really appreciate it ! I will keep you guys posted on any new forth comings...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts