Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what type of headlight this is? Please dont respond MKIV supra, I mean who makes it, thanks...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only reason I like them is because the glass or plastic doesnt have those lines in it. I thought the black part would look cool painted to match the car. Ill post some example pics later.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Example pics

Here are some pics I found.

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
the painted housing look has been done on supras.

its a good idea but i have yet to see it look good.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
They aren't delined they just use a new acrylic lens. I remember there was/is a thread in the MVP section but nothing ever came of it. I just want the lens as well. Acrylic cracks very easily though over time, but is much easier to refinish.

Alex

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,465 Posts

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
In case anyone is interested in the clear lenses that MDSUPERSTAR posted above, you can find information on them on mkivsupra.net, here. It is a UK guy putting them together, so I am not sure what the logistics/price would be to get them over here, nor are they quite a finished product as of yet, but close it seems. More pics and specs can be found at the link above (pic shows up fine for me, but I am a member of mkivsupra.net, so maybe that helps).
Chris

On Edit: Here is a hardlink to a picture of one of the lineless lensed headlights from the linked thread above:

·
Registered
484 Posts
to tell you the truth, i much prefer stock...that looks a bit rice to me.
how are they "ricey"? This isn't honda-tech.

You can deline headlight yourself but i heard it takes about 8 hours a headlights. I might try it in the future, But i also heard it affects the headlights if you deline them. is that true?

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
To add to all the current things I am doing to my car I started to deline a pair of my headlights last week. but since I have a ton of things going on at the same time Ive yet to finish. maybe after that ill finish doing the ac control led conversion.

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
how exactly are you removing the lines? sanding them off then polishing?

i love the way it looks and want to do it myself

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
I actually like the AbFlug inserts. Personally I think it updates the Supra front end, looks a lot more aggressive and it's how Toyota should of made it.

The Supra factory lights are the only part of the car which let it down and make it look old.

Dan.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Those delined 97/8s look great- much more exotic looking, hardly rice.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've heard that when you deline the factory headlights it throws off the light pattern, any truth to this myth? I also love the look of the delined lights but you think that they went through the extra step to put them in for a reason...? Has anyone here done that and can respond to whether or not the delined lights will perform poorly?

Thanks,

Joe

1 - 20 of 29 Posts