Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nice new kit coming out - UPDATED

http://www.ddrmotorsport.com/index.html

I like the look. I've been cruising around looking for a kit car to build, and I think this might be the one. Only difference is that mine will house a 9" electric motor and a hydrogen fuel cell. My goal is to build a 10 second electric street car that gets over 300 miles per tank of hydrogen. I just gotta sell my hosting company first!

Phyte

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Interesting, but the rims look way too big on those cars.... I think you should go for it and make a different rim choice :)

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Very cool. I haven't seen any kit-car owners on this forum. I'm not saying there aren't any but those look like they would be really cool projects regardless :) Good luck!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Kinda looks like a Mclaren F1 or that Gariya Autobachs car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
SupraSeb said:
thats one fugly mclaren f1 wannabe

-Seb
What on earth is Fugly about it. Ill admit, I really hate the idea of such a well engineered low volume kit car being a silly McLaren F1 replica(should have used that construction talent toward making their own style), but there sure as heck is nothing ugly about the car. The proportions seem almost identical to the original, so unless you think the F1 was ugly, I dont see why you think this is so ugly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they put in the windows to hurry up and finish the car. Just 4 weeks ago the car wasn't even close to done. Give them a few more months and I'm sure real windows will be in like the front. The price is going to be around 30k for a COMPLETE(turn-key) car. It's based off an older MR2 turbo drivetrain, so I'm sure it runs quite well. I think they'll get around 17-20 for the kit. Not bad considering it is just a toy.

Phyte

·
Registered
149 Posts
Make it AWD v8 6 speed.. you'll have me wanting one.. if not I would buy the chassis and body (if it'll accomdate a 6'6" frame) and build my own. LS1 t56 and awd, now where talking.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jun118 said:
the rivets make the car look so cheap.
IMO, the best kit car i've seen so far is the Attack.
The attack is nice, but read some threads over at attackforums.com. That company is digging themselves in a hole. Their customer service is about the worse I've ever seen.

Phyte

1 - 20 of 22 Posts