Supra Forums banner

Nice road race pedals

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  jkbrauch 
G
#1 · (Edited)
These are some nice heel and toe pedals.

Jeff

#3 ·
Feet slip much? They seem like they would be a little slippery to me. I have some Pedals on my eclipse that have little "rubber nobbies" for grip. Work great with my boots or shoes.

Any one know of any where on the net to look for some pedals. I want to put some on my supra but sadly the ones I have on my eclipse are discontinued.

Enrique M.
97 TT 6spd

#5 ·
Those look nice:D . Are they closer together than the stock (brake/gas) pedals? Also I use my car for work and am usually in dress shoes with leather soles and if my shoes are wet they slip alot on the pedals. Would these pedals alleviate that slipping?

Jeff

#6 ·
463supra said:
Those look nice:D . Are they closer together than the stock (brake/gas) pedals? Also I use my car for work and am usually in dress shoes with leather soles and if my shoes are wet they slip alot on the pedals. Would these pedals alleviate that slipping?

Jeff
Well I mean they're called grip. I guess they grip over the other ones that look just like the grip but without the rubber grip thingies. I mean this is probably your best bet if you want aftermarket pedals. I don't own them but I do like them alot and they do make it easier to drive.

G
#9 ·
Steve Jarvis said:
Do these just overlay the stock pedals? I must admit that they do look better.

Later, Steve
Steve - These overlay the stock pedals and bolt (clutch and brake) or screw (deadpedal and gas) on. They are slightly larger than the stock pedals and offer good grip because the edges are sharp and the circles in the interior of the pedals are sharp, too. Heel and toe operation is much easier.

Jeff

G
#10 ·
kingerm said:
Feet slip much? They seem like they would be a little slippery to me. I have some Pedals on my eclipse that have little "rubber nobbies" for grip. Work great with my boots or shoes.

Any one know of any where on the net to look for some pedals. I want to put some on my supra but sadly the ones I have on my eclipse are discontinued.

Enrique M.
97 TT 6spd
These are grippy pedals because they have sharp edges - even wet feet don't slip on them...

Jeff

#11 ·
These two pedal designs shown in this thread, has anybody driven with them while wearing race driving shoes? I have some some autopower nomex driving shoes which have a fairly thin sole and aren't clunky. However, the sole is narrow enough that I have some concerns about the edge of the sole being too close to the edge of the brake pedal and under high speed heavy braking for a turn suddenly getting the shoe to slip off of the pedal. Not good at 125mph! It was just borderline enough that I stayed with my trusty, thin, and sticky converse all stars at the last track event at Road Atlanta. Those suckers don't slip and you can feel the pedals very well.I am amazed at the shoes people wear for track events- big ole clunky stiff running shoes, etc. If I can find a closer brake pedal/accelerator set up, I am going back to the autopower shoes.
Barry H.

#12 ·
bwill lol:D I "hate" to drive in my kicking boots (too wide) I will drive in my tennis shoes/running shoes but again too wide. My dress shoes actually are not bad other than the soles being too hard. My favorites are my cheep indoor soccer samba's. They give me good traction and are fairly narrow and I have good feel with them. I do not like my feet to slop at all while driving.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.