Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one is better for the money and the time? search option is off. what may be the differences between the kits? are there better options out there?

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
check over on supramania for a good kit...

powerslots are garbage, as in the end you still don't have enough clamping or enough mass to keep the heat from causing fade

nightpager works, but it's expensive and sometimes hard to source the parts...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in that case what would you recommend? i need brakes asap. these babies will be done in about a week.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Slots are a tradeoff. They heat faster, and you get more initial bite. This will allow you to run higher temp pads and still get good braking on the street, and still have a higher temp pad that will keep braking a little longer when you really need them. Of course, this is only of benefit if you have rotors that can take more heat in the first place (ie thicker than stock) since you are heating them faster and higher.

If this is the route you want to go, I'd look to the nightpager kit and get the slotted mkIV/350Z track rotors. You now have more thermal capability, and get the low temp bite you need for the streets!

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I run the nightpager setup with the 350z rotors, and it is great. One oof the best mods I have done to the car yet. You wont be dissapointed.

·
Targa JZA70 FTW
124 Posts
Anyone know where one can find the nightpager bracket these days?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Many MKIV owners roadrace their cars on stock sized brakes (see the roadrace section here on SF). If you can get the higher temp range pads for the calipers (say a set of hawk blue), you might be alright with them, but we still have about 10-15% more weight to slow down, and the nightpager route may prove a hair lightweight for that kind of abuse after a few laps. If you are serious about road racing, I'd personally look to something like (as an example) the precision brakes wilwood kit as the rotors are a heck of a lot heavier then the nightpager setup. Then again, I just hate having to pay twice for something when I could have done it once and never worried about it again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have night pager set up with 350z track rotors (13'') and MK4 tt rear set up, all with hawk pads. Excellent choice for street and some track use. All bolt-on with very little modifactions.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Ive roadraced my supra with a nightpager kit and hawk HPS pads. after about 5 laps they did begin to fade. Im sure if i went a bit easier on them they wouldve lasted a bit longer but for heavy track use, i would look elsewhere.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Looking for complete Nightpager setup

Ok, I'm looking for a complete nightpager setup. I can't afford the WilWood set right now. Thanks.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
I bet the nightpager front setup isn't much less than those front Wilwoods. Probably depends on how cheap you can find a pair of 300z calipers.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
it will be about the same in the long run, and the wilwoods will outperform them...

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have yet to find it, and I asked a couple guys on the forums to give them up for a one week turn-around time, so I can plot it into CAD and then make all the copies I want for everyone. My offer still stands. Unless someone can reproduce them, someone would make decent money off of these still.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have night pager set up with 350z track rotors (13'') and MK4 tt rear set up, all with hawk pads. Excellent choice for street and some track use. All bolt-on with very little modifactions.
I'm looking for a good upgrade for street use.

Can I see what your setup looks like? I have yet to see a pic of a night pager setup. Been hearing of them for years but never saw one. Thanks.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
Anyone know where to find a nightpager bracket anymore?
I have yet to find it, and I asked a couple guys on the forums to give them up for a one week turn-around time, so I can plot it into CAD and then make all the copies I want for everyone. My offer still stands. Unless someone can reproduce them, someone would make decent money off of these still.

I'm looking for a good upgrade for street use.

Can I see what your setup looks like? I have yet to see a pic of a night pager setup. Been hearing of them for years but never saw one. Thanks.
the bracket's arent just a flat peice of stock.to have them made up buy a machinest wouldn't be worth it.i can send you a couple of pics of them,so you can see why

·
Registered
524 Posts
Would LOVE to see some pics. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts