Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the automatic sensor thing is not working anymore, the lights won't go on at night unless i turn them on, how can i fix it ? is it possible that my aem doesnt have that option?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
assuming you have some fancy sensor the rest of us with MKIV's don't have?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
nothing dude...Supras (unless there was an upgrade 97/98) don't have automatic headlights...welcome to the 90's

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my lights used to go on at night automatically even if i had them off for about the first 3 years i owned the car, i just noticed this past year it hasnt been doing it, maybe it was an upgrade the previous owner made??? I always forget to ask my mkiv friends so i thought about posting it here, i cant believe it, maybe is alarm related?? i always thought that sensor was that little ball next to the air vents that cool the windshield.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Hey Ale, my Sup is a 98 as you know and I don't have that auto feature. The SC300 (year 2000) does though but they're always on regards of the daylight :dunno: sensor must be broken.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
my supra has some little sensor looking thing on the dash in front of the driver pretty close to the bottom of the windshield...it defnitely is there from the factory...i always wondered what this was because my car doesnt have auto lights but it has the same eye looking sensor on the dash that my 2001 celica had and that car had auto lights...
it must have been an option...the only other thing i can think that little eye is for is maybe for rain sensing wipers, but even thought i dint drive my car in rain, i did get stuck in the rain once and the wipers never did anything automatic..

anyone else have this thing on their dash???
Ant

·
Super Moderator
4,430 Posts
my supra has some little sensor looking thing on the dash in front of the driver pretty close to the bottom of the windshield...it defnitely is there from the factory...i always wondered what this was because my car doesnt have auto lights but it has the same eye looking sensor on the dash that my 2001 celica had and that car had auto lights...
it must have been an option...the only other thing i can think that little eye is for is maybe for rain sensing wipers, but even thought i dint drive my car in rain, i did get stuck in the rain once and the wipers never did anything automatic..

anyone else have this thing on their dash???
Ant

Yes they all have it. Its for the climate control. Nothing to do with lights, wipers etc. The supra did not come with auto lights, wipers etc. Its a mid 90s sports car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts