Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan Cutting Titan Production....


Looks like they aren't putting the "Big 3" out of business like many have predicted.


By AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

4/17/2006

CANTON, Miss. -- Nissan North America has begun curtailing production of its slow-selling Titan pickup at its plant here.

Sales this year of the full-sized pickup were down 1.7 percent to 21,277 units through March, and the company has more than a 100-day supply.

Jed Connelly, sales chief at Nissan North America, says he wants to reduce supply to under 75 days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
Just my opinion BUT an ugly truck with shitty gas mileage along with high gas prices, it doesn't surprise me.
 

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
Joined
·
8,108 Posts
No, it is a GREAT truck with plenty of power. If the price drops a lot, I might consider getting one rather than the 454 ss I am thinking about!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SuprasMaximus said:
Just my opinion BUT an ugly truck with shitty gas mileage along with high gas prices, it doesn't surprise me.

Don't forget they come standard with ugly styling and exploding rear ends. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
what a surprise, skyrocketting gas prices causing people to stop buying bigass trucks that gets 10mpg.
 

·
Thinking Person
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
Enter Toyota's new Tundra and new V8; with better gas mileage, more power, and less emissions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Big Block Stingray said:
Don't forget they come standard with ugly styling and exploding rear ends. :D
Big Block Stingray must hate this truck because he is running all over the auto forums on the web and posting the exact same story and the exact same mention of the rear ends when it's only been a small percentage of 4x4 rear ends that have let loose.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cobalt said:
Big Block Stingray must hate this truck because he is running all over the auto forums on the web and posting the exact same story and the exact same mention of the rear ends when it's only been a small percentage of 4x4 rear ends that have let loose.

Two forums = "all over the auto forums on the web"? :lol:

I thought there was more that two car forums on the internet. :scratch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Bean said:
Enter Toyota's new Tundra and new V8; with better gas mileage, more power, and less emissions.
What's funny is the last year the Tundra had record sales and the Titan sold nearly as many and had only been on the market for 2 model years. in the next year or so the titan will employ a diesel and a form of variable valve timing on the Titan which will give it much better HP and boost the mileage significantly. And if you think the Tundra is going to get significantly better MPG your not being realistic. My Titan right now already gets about the same mileage a Tundra gets (16city/20highway) and I am running a bigger and much more powerful engine in a bigger truck. The new Tundra will be bigger with a bigger engine so I don't think you can honestly expect anything impressive at all. Also anybody who honestly thinks it's wise to be hauling any significant payloads on this 5 lug wheels Toyota showed with the truck isn't very smart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Big Block Stingray said:
Two forums = "all over the auto forums on the web"? :lol:

I thought there was more that two car forums on the internet. :scratch:
Still though it's obvious you have an ax to grind with this truck, especially with your comments about explodeing rear ends. You shoudl ensure your not spreading BS if you not trying to talk smack about something. Try doing a little research on the subject first vs spreading rumors.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cobalt said:
Still though it's obvious you have an ax to grind with this truck, especially with your comments about explodeing rear ends. You shoudl ensure your not spreading BS if you not trying to talk smack about something. Try doing a little research on the subject first vs spreading rumors.

I'm not spreading any falicies at all, they HAVE/HAD issues with their rear ends. Didn't say EVERY truck, but it is a enough of them that the word is out.

Don't be so thin skined, EVERY car/truck has quality issues to some extent or another.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
381 Posts
I personally think the Titan is the best looking full size truck on the market. I think its a great truck with good power output and towing capacity. The whole rear end thing has been blown WAY out of proportion.
 

·
Nautical Blue MR2T
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
Maybe its just Oklahoma, but here, everyone has to have a big truck, and anything that is not a truck and does not have four doors is simply a "little ricer." With that said, I dont see any of them feeling much of any truck made by a japanese company, no matter how good it actually is.

[Hick] Amayricun Pi'kup Truucks awl the waey. [/Hick].
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
wow my friend had one and i thought it was a good truck, just not too good on gas with todays prices but what do i know i was only a passanger in it all the time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Big Block Stingray said:
Don't be so thin skined, EVERY car/truck has quality issues to some extent or another.
Oh I won't argue that. Mine hasn't been perfect although everything has been pretty minor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Po' Kid said:
Maybe its just Oklahoma, but here, everyone has to have a big truck, and anything that is not a truck and does not have four doors is simply a "little ricer." With that said, I dont see any of them feeling much of any truck made by a japanese company, no matter how good it actually is.

[Hick] Amayricun Pi'kup Truucks awl the waey. [/Hick].
Man their ALL OVER out here in AZ. When I bought mine I just saw a few here and there but man now I see them everyt ime I leave the house now days.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top