Supra Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
I've driven an '05 Carrera S, not impressed at all and the owner of the Porsche is the owner of the Toyota dealership I work for. He said he did not want ANOTHERE turbo after having owned 4 and the resale value of his S will be better as he waits for his Ford GT40 to be completed. He has also owned three 427 Cobra's so I take this mans word as he has owned every exotic produced.

He has had 3 Supra TT's, his son ones two and his hot daughter drives a mint low 40K mile '97 Limited Edition Supra TT. He told me when I was looking for a Supra he would make sure I got financed but is very happy I atleast got a 2jzgte which was really my only goal.

I love Porsche for their racing heritage but will never buy one, its never been a car that just made me so WOW!

·
Blitz Supra
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
'05 911 S not impressive? Not sure what you need to impress you, but 0-60mph is 3.9secs for a N/A car. I think that qualifies for impressive. Braking power better than most sports car out there as well. It's faster than a 360 Modena. If you talking about looks than maybe, Porsche has never been the company to make a outrageous looking car. They want something more practical looking. The 911 S is a super fast car in disguise.

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
The overall experience was not impressive to me, I'm fickel I guess.
Oh ok it just came to me, no room for someone 6ft, the peddle position sucks, the gear shifter sucks, the visibilty sucks, need I continue? This is/was the impression I get everytime I drive the car.
I never said, I'm also very aware of its performance credentials thank you very much, that I did not like its performance but I prefer my SC300 over the Porsche anyday. I got the same impression after driving the other owners SL600, power great, ameneties great, did I feel like I was in a straight jacket YES!

So back on topic I'm really looking forward to the new GTR, I believe it will make believers out of most people.

·
Blitz Supra
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
We can respect each others opinion. I will have to say that the Porsche has one of the best shifting transmission on the market however. Shifts like butter. Something I wish my Supra could do.

·
Administrator
8,491 Posts
41 - 49 of 49 Posts