Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be running the dual nitrous bottle bracket. there isn't any room in the back for mounting. So i'm thinking about mounting it by passenger seat since there isn't a passenger. What are rules for NHRA and tracks? Any inputs?
JPI

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
My personal preference is cage mounting. They may have a problem with it being next to you. Also depending on the class you race in, you may have to run 2 front seats (-ie drag radial class)

shit, I need to call you about that part... got busy and forgot.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JamesN1830 said:
My personal preference is cage mounting. They may have a problem with it being next to you. Also depending on the class you race in, you may have to run 2 front seats (-ie drag radial class)

shit, I need to call you about that part... got busy and forgot.
My goal is to get into the unlimited class. I don't feel comfortable about having two of those bottle right next to me if you know what i mean. We might have to make a plate and put that in the back.
JPI Racing

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
JP IMPORTZ said:
We will be running the dual nitrous bottle bracket. there isn't any room in the back for mounting. So i'm thinking about mounting it by passenger seat since there isn't a passenger. What are rules for NHRA and tracks? Any inputs?
JPI

read the rule books before you decide to fab up something.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It's completely legal. I know of 10+ big tire outlaw cars that have dual bottles in the passenger floorboard. Even if you are required to run a seat, it's legal to "invade" it so that it's not useable. Down in Orlando at the World Street Natls. almost every nitrous car had them there...

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
why would that car have a bottle in it anyways?transport? ive never seen a bottle explode,any more pics of the out come? and please no tf&f pics.

·
Registered
484 Posts
That pic is of a moron that left his heater on with no relief valve. I've seen a bottle get too much pressure and take off across the pits, it would never come out of a bracket, but if it's loose, they can do some damage!

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,113 Posts
Here are a few photo examples that I shot last year at TX2K5. Each has advantages and shortcomings as well. It all depends on personal preference. The AAP set-up looks like the easiest to deal with considering ergonomics.

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,113 Posts
JP IMPORTZ said:
We decided to mount the bottles in the back seats. Will get some pictures up tomorrow.
JPI
How about an update when you get a chance! I love to see this kinda transformation in process.

Thanks,

David

1 - 14 of 14 Posts