Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to install a nitrous kit, and was wondering if it was safe at BPU+ levels, my + is an saf-c2. I was planning somewhere around a 75 shot.

I want to make sure I don't run too lean, so if I went with a wet kit it also sprays the proper amount of fuel with the nitrous correct? I've also heard it's very bad for the stock turbo's for some reason, apparently it causes them to overboost? I'm not too concerned about shortened turbo life as long as it is relatively safe to my engine(i understand nitrous really isn't). Also, could I run 91 octane spraying that shot for a quarter mile at a time? Also, would it be okay to spray for a more extended period running from say 60-150?

Thank You,
Will

·
I smell C-16 ;D
639 Posts
Kerr and I killed his stock twins on a 75 shot. Course 25 psi of boost on top of that didn't help. Drew

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
if you keep the boost to 18 psi, you shouold be ok man.

-brett

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
Set your boost to about 15-16 psi max, then spray. Your boost will probably end up around 21-22 psi by the time it's over. That's a perfect and lethal combination good for probably between 480-525 rwhp and even greater torque! If you set your boost at 18 psi (normal) then spray, say bye bye to the turbos.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
A 75 shot is safe. 120 is probably the highest you'll want to go. But watch your boost gauge...the first time you use it, you may want to set your boost to 15 or 16 psi, spray, and see how much boost you build. Then if you feel it's not enough boost, you can adjust it, but that gives you a good reference point. Have fun!

Joe;)

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
i got 120 shot with VPC, GCC and BPU+++ only hit it twice in a year in a half but both those hits was an awesome feel of power. Also was running 18 psi.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
15-16 psi is about 1.05-1.10 bar correct? Also, I've heard varying views on nitrous use with pump gas. I've been told nitrous cools the intake charge quite a bit, so if I'm running reasonable boost at 15-16 psi I can spray it and it won't hurt anything other than my turbo's. Would it be okay for 11.XX burts of use? Would it even be okay for high speed pulls on pump? Can someone let me know if this is true or not?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, and one last question, since I have my boost and fuel tuned with the avc-r and saf-c2 would I need to set up a second mapping when I used nitrous, or does it not matter because the nitrous is jetted with added fuel on it's own?

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
I forgot to ask, is this direct port?

To answer one of your questions, you probably don't want to shoot n2o for too long, you could overboost and accidently detonate the motor. High speed pulls? I'm not really sure. Anybody else have any info?

Thought: high speed pulls with n2o may not be too wise. Because the last gears are such long gears on a 6 spd.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
N02

N02 can lethal to a motor in small portions. Do not cut corners.
On my car 98tt 6sp, i would not run over a 50 shot with 110 octane, unless my nitrous was tunning really ie(aem).
Do you realize how much power 75 horses is imean come on, at least try a 35 and 50 shot first you can always change jets.
going form say 415 to 490 or more because of our turbo charged cars is a huge jump.

Fincannon

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
I have the direct port.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts