Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering if any one has done nitrous on a 98 supra? and how much do u think the motor can take?....i dont have much time to search (*and i cant find anything) cause i am being offered a nos kit wet shot for a reasonable price and its going to go fast....pm me.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
ok, nitrous...

there are technically two forms of wet nitrous kits: direct port and single point. the wet shot is a single nozzle that injects nitrous with mixed fuel through the intake, thus making it "wet". make sure your intake components are "wet flow friendly". the difference between that and direct port is direct port has multiple nozzles that inject through each intake port, still making it wet, but more usually efficient.

now as far as dry shots, this is the "spray through the intake one". N2O is a cold, dense air which is sprayed through the intake. when the MAF reads this, it tells the ECU it needs more fuel. when N2O is added to the extra fuel, the O2 in N2O creates a larger combustion, thus, making more instant power. an example of this would be a typical NOS FOGGER kit. this will produce less power than a wet system, but it is the least complex IMO.

remember, you are messing with fuel output with any nitrous so a tune will be in your best interest. and i'm not an expert on how much nitrous a 2jge can handle. but if i had an educated guess, 125 on direct port, 100 wet shot, and maybe 75 on dry, would be a SAFE area. your nitrous shot will not effect your tranny. i assume they should be good for at least 400hp.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i personally did a 300 wet shot on the N/A auto tranny and everything is fine on my motor my deterioration of the shot was over 15 sec and my motor didnt blow I only have an 3" greddy exhaust system Walbro 255LPH fuel pump no intake and 117,000 miles on the clock. just make sure ur motor is tuned up.

·
Out on 2!
1,566 Posts
^ WTF?

In all seriousness, I sprayed 150 wet for about 6 bottles. Trans held it fine, and no problems with the engine. I went one size over on the fuel pill to make it safer / lean on the rich side.

Car ran like hell. I even sprayed it after I pulled it out and put it in the cressida.. ha. 150 shot/ stock engine/ 4.30 LSD diff and ET streets and the car went 13.31 haha

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
i personally did a 300 wet shot on the N/A auto tranny and everything is fine on my motor my deterioration of the shot was over 15 sec and my motor didnt blow I only have an 3" greddy exhaust system Walbro 255LPH fuel pump no intake and 117,000 miles on the clock. just make sure ur motor is tuned up.
mother of god! that is quite a nitrous set-up. factory freak?! :D

·
Out on 2!
1,566 Posts
I don't think it will take a 300 but once... maybe.. if it "takes" it at all. It may not blow up, but it may bog the engine. It could possibly be done progressive, but I doubt a little NA 3 liter would take it all in one hit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
well ive emptied 3 to 4 full bottles of nitrous on my N/A motor with the 300 shot. your hear a huge change in the motors tone when you hit the nitrous it gets alot! deeper. it sounds like a beast i might up it 2 350 or 400 shot I wana c what this baby can handle. my set up is an 3" greddy exhaust system precat is still there Walbro 255LPH fuel pump stock intake and 117,000 miles on the clock well now I have 123,000 miles on it now.

·
2JZ MKII
637 Posts
Dyno sheet, or 12 second pass video or this did not happen!

The 3 inch exhaust is actually costing you power on the NA. Post some pics of your setup. What size jets are you running? Is this on a button or controller? What RPM does it come on at? What A/F's are you seeing?

Basically I 100% don't believe you and want you to prove yourself to me.

·
Out on 2!
1,566 Posts
Update. Sprayed 200 on a ge. Trans did not like it at all. 110k mile engine. Did it on aem with a good bit of timing pulled out just to do it. Engine handled it ok as in it didn't break

1 - 20 of 30 Posts